Question: Help lease, Setting the Default View

RHughes

When I view my stream of panos in the "360 View" option I note that now their orientation is somewhat varied compared to "See Inside". They appear as a list under 360 view but each pano is rather randomly orientated. So instead of seeing the front of the shop I see in a brick wall. How should I adjust the upload to change this orientation issue?
RHughes

Suggested solution,

It has been suggested by Les Moyle on the Google discussion board that the system works as follows

1. Edit the metadata to remove compass settings for that pano.
2. Adjust the yaw in ptgui to centre the view you want and Google will treat that as a virtual north so it will then show the view as you want it to be since the new api always shows the panos facing northwards which is a pain when the business entrance is to the south.

Can I work this trick in Pano2VR? I am not sure what meta data is being uploaded with the photo on the upload. Can someone help please?
RHughes

Yep it is definitely by default showing north.
Is this being also set in the metadata in the photograph on upload.
360Texas

I have asked this question several times without a reply.

Setting the observed or virtual NORTH is easy to determine if you know the needed software technique

Say a panorama is 5000 W x 2500 H pixel dimension.

In google "where is zero "0" ?

We find most times: You usually are in your image editor or Photoshop anyway at one point in the post processing workflow.
1. That 0 is found at the exact on the horizon line center Width 50% from left to right or 2500 px
And is at Height 50% from image top to bottom or 1250 px

Easy to re-position North to Center point by loading your pano image into Photoshop
mouse over FILTER | OTHER | OFFSET | adjust the Horizontal axis to currently known North to mid center of image. Leave Vertical (tilt up/down) axis as 0 and be sure to choose (o) radio button to WRAP AROUND. Save the image with new name.

2. Other panorama images the 0 pixel is upper left corner. At least you have a starting reference point.

In google for adjusting NORTH "where is zero "0" ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi RHughes,
We hope just setting the default view in Pano2VR will work soon but for now you can use Pano2VRs transformation output to set the default view using 0 degrees.
Add you pano to Pano2VR, rotate it to the desired view in the viewer. Under viewing parameters click set for default view but make sure that tilt is at 0 and FoV is 70.
You only need to set Pan.
Now add a transformation output and select Equirec image, and file type. Change the output path to output/$n.(file type TIF or JPG)
The new image will have the view you want set to 0 degrees in the pano which is what Google is using as North.
Do this for now but hopefully this will change.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RHughes

Hi Hopki

Well I am obviously stupid!

I set everything as you suggested. See Attachment. I set the telegraph pole central. I export as you suggest.
But the centre point of the image remains as originally set, and the telephone pole is not the central point. In my terms the yaw has not moved

What did I misunderstand?

Roy
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 09.50.48.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 09.50.48.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 7615 times
Pano 1_output.jpg
Pano 1_output.jpg (6.05 MiB) Viewed 7615 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Roy,
Did you make a transformation output using the default view?
It does not look like it.

So Set View in Pano (default view) in viewing parameters.
Add Transformation output
Select Equirec image type, set size to 0, this will then say Auto and use the input image size, then set file type as JPG or whatever.
Also you may wish to change file name but the place holder $n (output/$n.jpg) will use the input images file name.
You will see that the pole will be centre of the transformation preview image.
Create output.
Move new image to your project main folder where all your other input images are and then under properties select the new one.
Pan 0 should now put the pole in the centre of the Equirec.

We are working on a better way, also you can do this in PTGui before it gets to Pano2VR.
And of course this is how it is working now, not to say they start reading our meta data later and use that.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
RHughes

Hi Hopki

Problem solved worked perfectly. I am not sure what I did but it works perfectly.

Yes PtGui can do it but its a bit harder to judge the right setting point.

Thanks (And yes it would be simpler to directly upload a transformed output amongst everything else you have to do!)

Roy
EVerheggen

Hopki wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:03 pm
So Set View in Pano (default view) in viewing parameters.
Add Transformation output

I am lost here already. I can not find "Add Transformation output"

Please help.

Is there already an easier way to get set the default view using Pano2VR? Or an easy way using an other program?
Attachments
Schermopname (60).png
Schermopname (60).png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 5635 times
Hopki
Gnome

Using Pano2VR 6.1.2.
Just go to the viewing parameters and set the default view for each node.
That’s all you have to do as Pano2VR does the rest.

Know problems, with all platforms and not just Pano2VR is:

Setting the default view works in your account and direct links, but not in Maps, it’s a Google Street View “feature” to have random views!

When you set the default view of nodes2, 3, etc, this will be ignored when using the link hotspots as the next node will be facing forward.
Again this is a Street View feature.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com