Map Pin element for large projects

Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
When you have a multi-node project with a map or floor plan/s and you want to use the custom map pin you will get into a situation where the loading time of the project can be a bit slow.
This is due to the custom Map Pin, it uses two PNG images and has to be cloned for every pin in the map, so if you have a few hundred or thousands then it will take time to populate the map/floor plan with the pins.

To speed up load times please use the attached component which comes with two map pin PNG images.
The component uses the external loader, so the output only has to clone a text box and external loader which are both very light in size so the load time is reduced significantly.

To use:
Add the two Map Pin images to the web outputs assets.
Then add the component to your skin.
The external image loader is looking for the images in the assets folder.

Select the Map element that will use the map pin and under Clone as market select: map_pin
Then under Pin Order select Bottom to Top as it uses a tooltip with is under the map pin.
The tooltip will now cover any map pins under the tooltip.

Remember if you move the tooltip above the map pin then you will need to set Pin Order to Top to Bottom.
Attachments
Map_Pin.zip
(48.47 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Taka

Hopki

It was bugging me about it.
It was a simple thing but I had no idea of the answer.
Thanks!!!
addsubtract

Hopki wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:14 pm

To use:
Add the two Map Pin images to the web outputs assets.
Then add the component to your skin.
The external image loader is looking for the images in the assets folder.
For each project would I need to add the map pin images to my web outputs assets? I suppose yes but wanted to be sure.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Yes, you will need to add the map pin images to the assets for each new project.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/