Google Analytics Component

Hopki
Gnome

Please find attached our Google Analytics Component.
Download the component and double click to add to Pano2VR.

Please see this video on how to get your Analytics Tracking ID

Regards,
The Gnomes
Attachments
Google Analytics.ggskc
(22.56 KiB) Downloaded 1370 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
panovrlover

Fantastic, thanks Hopki. This is going to be very useful.
Idocio

Very interesting and very versatile and configurable, like everything I'm seeing from the software.
One question, how do you load the Pano2VR server on the phone?
Thank you.
TrueView360s

Great addition. A few questions...
1. Can I use placeholders in the event category? eg $(upt) Hope it is not a manual entry we have to do each time.
2. Will the skin configuration be saved for use in the next project or does it have to be re-entered each time?
2. It appears that the analytics is identifying individual nodes within the virtual tour. Does it also identify the virtual tour name so we can track total views of each of our virtual tour.
3. I have hired a processor and provided him my HTML template and skin. Will the skin configuration with the Google Analytics stay with the skin when I send it to him? If not is there a file somewhere I can send with the data to keep the link?

If I just want the overview of the visitors, without node info, can I just add my global site tag to my HTML template index page?

Thanks,

Jim
EVerheggen

TrueView360s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:22 am

If I just want the overview of the visitors, without node info, can I just add my global site tag to my HTML template index page?

Hi Jim,

Until now I always added the Google Analytics code to the index.html page just before uploading to my server. That works fine to get the overview of visitors.

Erik
EVerheggen

Hi Martin,

Thanks for this great addition!

One question about the code in the Action Settings. I would like to see which info buttons are clicked.

Code: Select all

javascript:gtag('event', 'Info button clicked', {
  'event_category': player.getVariableValue('UA_category'),
  'event_label': player.userdata.title
});
I changed the first line, but what else has to be changed to see the title of the Point Hotspot (type Info)?
I know the placeholders list (https://ggnome.com/doc/placeholders-list/ ) but that is not of any help for this, isn't it?

Best regards,

Erik
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik,
In this case, you would use:

javascript:gtag('event', 'Info Hotspot Clicked', {
'event_category': player.getVariableValue('UA_category'),
'event_label': player.hotspot.title
});
This will then display the Point Hotspots title.
In the Analytics you will see:
Info Hotspot Clicked => Hotspot Title

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MSusman

Thank you for the Analytics Component!! Very much appreciated. :D
thomas
Chief Gnome

TrueView360s wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:22 am Great addition. A few questions...
1. Can I use placeholders in the event category? eg $(upt) Hope it is not a manual entry we have to do each time.
Placeholders directly can not be used, but can use the Javascript equivalent for it.
$(upt) would be for example:

player.getNodeUserdata('_master').title
2. Will the skin configuration be saved for use in the next project or does it have to be re-entered each time?
The skin configuration is not saved, but if you always use the same ID you can store it as a default/initial value for the variable.
Screenshot 2020-06-02 12.10.29.png
Screenshot 2020-06-02 12.10.29.png (65.28 KiB) Viewed 28205 times
2. It appears that the analytics is identifying individual nodes within the virtual tour. Does it also identify the virtual tour name so we can track total views of each of our virtual tour.
That is what we use the event category for. Additinally you can see the view count for the different pages.
3. I have hired a processor and provided him my HTML template and skin. Will the skin configuration with the Google Analytics stay with the skin when I send it to him? If not is there a file somewhere I can send with the data to keep the link?
You can store the values as variable initial values so that they stay with the skin.
If you only care about the visitors then you can just ignore the events. The component also records just the regular visit. You can even remove the "node change" action that records the event.
With the component, you don't have to modify the HTML page.
MfG, Thomas
Marco360

Hey All,

fantastic to get GA now in the tours.

Due to DSGVO (German equivalent to GDPR) you'll need to get the opt-in from visitors to use GA, or am I wrong?
Therefore I put the consent-cookie-request before (linked in index.html) and changed the component-text to only load the gtag in case of opt-in. works amazing (feel free to ask if you're interested), BUT
due to 3rd-Party-Cookie-policies no tour fires events when hosted in iFrames. Therefore I'm trying to find out: how to you link the tour (if you offer hosting (keyword: cross-domain...)?

Thanks
Marco
Mikeloangel

Good component! Thank you!

Have one question. Is it possible to assign an event for pop up menu which is by mouse right click on a canvas. I have here among selecting projections and full screen mode url to my website and I willing to know if somebody clicked it.

Thanks, Mike.
Marco360

thomas wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:19 pm Placeholders directly can not be used, but can use the Javascript equivalent for it.
$(upt) would be for example:

player.getNodeUserdata('_master').title
Is there a reference list like here https://ggnome.com/doc/placeholders-list/ to use the JS equivalent for the placeholders? Thanks
christoph
Gnome

The player function 'getNodeUserdata(id)' gives you a Javascript object containing the user data for the given node. ('_master' would be the id of the master node)
These are the properties of that object:
title
description
author
datetime
copyright
source
information
comment
latitude
longitude
altitude
heading
customnodeid
streetviewlink
tags

Regards,
Christoph
KRitchie

The Google Analytics component is great! Couple questions:

Is there a way to have it tracked if a pinned video is played?

Is there a way to have it tracked if a polygon hotspot is clicked?

Thanks

- Kevin
Marco360

Just add the mouse klick event from the skin to the mouse click from video-hotspot. But adjust the event info from “note change” to “video” ..