Rollover vertical thumbnail menus Pano2VR 6 pro

Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Menus that slide the thumbnails vertically.
There are two menus, one uses a mouse over to activate while the other requires a mouse click.
To install the components double click then add to your desired Components Toolbox category.

To use the menu the panoramas require tags for each menu category.
Select the skin configuration button.

1.png
1.png (65.57 KiB) Viewed 9238 times

Select the Tag and add the Title, this will be displayed in the skin.

2.png
2.png (79.57 KiB) Viewed 9238 times

When opened you will see the category text boxes, depending on which menu you are using mouse enter or click a category to see the thumbnails slide up.

3.png
3.png (557.26 KiB) Viewed 9238 times

As the click menu works better on a touch screen device and the mouse over menu works better on computers you can add both to the same skin but then use the "Has touch" logic block trigger to hide the mouse over version and then show the click version.
Regards
Attachments
RolloverMenuMouseover.ggskc
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 526 times
RolloverMenuClick.ggskc
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 526 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

very useful.
Thank you Sir.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
deedee123

hi,

i have a question about it, i posted it here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14732

basically i wonder if it's necessary to add two 'identical' menus to the same skin, one click and one touch, just to make the touch option possible?

best,
david
deedee123

i'm still a bit stuck with this. if only the click version is used (which i like, it's a nice menu system), when on touchscreen, the already selected category doesn't fly out anymore. except after touching another category first. so just for this small 'bug' it's necessary to include both menus to a skin?

maybe there's another workaround?

david
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
I have tested this on my iPhone and it all works as should?
I can select a category and select a panorama. the menu hides. I can then select the same category and it opens to select another panorama.
Can you post your skin?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

hi,

thanks for checking.

here i used the menu: https://studio-dl.com/360/1933

on computer, all no problem, but on phone (touch), when i am in a certain category (for instance "bridges") and i touch it again to see which other scenes there are in that category, it folds out but disappears immediately when releasing the category button, it's impossible to actually select another scene.
if you first touch another category (without going to the actual scenes), and then come back, the current category does work as normal again.

"i can't put my finger on it" ( :) )what goes wrong here.. but i think it might be just a small thing. however for a client it's important to get it right of course.

dvid
soulbrother

deedee123 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:10 am here i used the menu: https://studio-dl.com/360/1933
You wrote, you used the click menue, but I guess you have used the mouse over menue and with that, it does not work properly on touch devices.
deedee123

hi,
thanks for checking.

and yes indeed, i mixed the two up. however, i think people on non-touch screens 'expect' the mouse over flyout to work.
and it -almost- works for touch too, just not for the currently selected category, unless you tap another category first, and then the current one again.

so basically tapping another category makes the current one work again, i wonder if there is another way to achieve that result.

david
deedee123

Hi,
so, the only way is to add both full menus in the skin, one appears for 'has touch' other for normal screens?

it just seems so 'heavy' (to duplicate the complete structure) for such a small difference.

david
soulbrother

Hi,
mouse over, touch, mouse click, mausenter, mauseleave, etc. are different techniques that somehow overlap.
In order to guarantee a unique function on all different devices, it is useful to separate them.
This is not only evident in pano2vr, because even in the "construction" of websites there are sometimes these problems, which are then solved via "switches", via Javascript and additional CSS classes (for the animated elements, which are added at the first touch and removed again at the next touch) or other detours...
And by the way: To keep an easier overview of these sometimes complex detours, it's even easier to manage 2 of these separate control panels, although it seems impractical and awkward (at a first sight)

here some more details about the complexity of these tasks:
http://www.javascriptkit.com/dhtmltutor ... ions.shtml
deedee123

thanks for your reply,

my menu also has some translation in it and such, i was hoping i could solve it with a more simple "if has touch then keep active" or something.
i do know the effect of the two different menus, but not the working, why it is different.

but my deadline is approaching, so i'll go for the double menu option, one active on touch, the other without touch.

best,
david