Panorama Lock for Pano2VR pro

Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This component prevents the viewer from interacting with the panorama until they enter a password.
If you're using Pano2VR light please Click Here.

panorama_lock_pro.ggskc
(32.91 KiB) Downloaded 863 times

After downloading the component double click to add to the components toolbox.
Then select a category or create a new one.

The Panorama Lock works by using a blank starting panorama and a rectangle which also makes the screen slightly darker and covers all the skin buttons making them inactive. Once the correct password is entered the screen lightens as the rectangle hides and the first panorama of the tour is then opened.

How to use:
• Build a tour as normal creating your skin or using one of the skins that come with Pano2VR. In this example, I will use the Silhouette_v6 skin.

• Open the skin and add the Panorama Lock component.

1.png
1.png (38.97 KiB) Viewed 20769 times

If using one of the skins that comes with Pano2VR you will need to save the skin as they are write-protected.

2.png
2.png (37.73 KiB) Viewed 20769 times

• Add the blank.png as the last node of the tour by dragging it into the viewer or the tour browser and set this as the "Start Panorama" by right-clicking on the thumbnail in the tour browser.

3.png
3.png (127.25 KiB) Viewed 20769 times

• Use the Skin configuration button to set a password and starting node.

4.png
4.png (28.48 KiB) Viewed 20769 times

The starting default node is node1 but if you want a different node, enter it here.

Once the project has been created the output will open with the blank.png file.
If you did not enter a password you will see:

5.png
5.png (11.21 KiB) Viewed 20769 times

There is also warning text boxes if there is no start Node ID as well as if there is no password and start node set.
Once you key in the password using the Key Pad the rectangle covering the skin will hide and the selected node will open, in this example "node1".

The component comes with no encryption so will be easy to see how to unlock it.
This is because the buttons use their numbers.
Example, Key Pad button 1 enters 1, Key Pad button 2, enters 2 and so on.
This is not secure because you can see the password used if you open the skin.js file with a plain text editor.

6.png
6.png (37.82 KiB) Viewed 20769 times

So what is required is a way of encrypting the password so you cannot decipher it from the skin.js file.
As already mentioned each button enters a number, if you go to the skins tree and expand the container "Key Pad", you will see text boxes Key 1 to Key 0 then Key # and Key *.

7.png
7.png (29.76 KiB) Viewed 20769 times

Each key has an action to enter a value into the variable called "password".
But what if Key 1 used a letter and not a number!
You can make up your own Cypher so only you will know the numbers.
Here is an example:

Key 1 = Z
Key 2 = b
Key 3 = p
Key 4 = q
Key 5 = a

So in the skin editor, you would change the action.
Example for Key 1 which now will enter z.

8.png
8.png (48.17 KiB) Viewed 20769 times

Note letters are case sensitive so z is not the same as Z.

The above Cypher is totally random, but if the password I want the viewer to enter is 54123.
Then in the skin.js file, you will see: aqzbp
Unless you have the cypher it will be very difficult to find the password.

Please see the attached zip which contains a working project.
Hopki
Attachments
pano_lock_pro.zip
(2.39 MiB) Downloaded 677 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
soulbrother

Thanks Hopki!

I modified this component for my needs and did not use the terms "password".
In non of the variables.
Now the "burglars" cannot detect any "clear" hint in the skin for any hidden password ;-)
Hopki
Gnome

I have modified it and will update the post as soon as I can.
But Tong found that Chrome has a plug-in that can show the pano without a skin, so it shows the pano on open. It can not show the skin so of course no hotspots so you only see the first node.
The mod involves using a blank 10px X 5px PNG file and then when entered the lock hides and it changes to the first pano of the tour. Have this working well for Pano2VR 6 pro and Just finished a version for Pano2VR 6 light which works but a bit more involved.
Cheers,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
AGrynis

Hi,
is it possible to make just one (or more) specific pano in the tour locked. So after click on the hotspot you are asked for the password?
soulbrother

So, the lock screen should be triggered from a hotspot, why not.

Do not have the time at the moment, but I would try like that:

In the hs for the node, intergrate a trigger, that should be active, if a defined number or letter is in one of the hotspot fields (in the hs editor).

by the way, that would be a good lession to understand the logic of interactions.
PanoUser1

Hello @Hopki,
the solution you offered works like a charm.
However if one were to enter the wrong password, there seems to be no way to go back.
Is there a way to display a message like "wrong password, try again" and then reset the variables so the correct one can be entered?
Thank you.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi, there is a variant knocking around somewhere where I added a reset button.
I think I posted this in the Facebook Pano2VR User Group page, or here somewhere?
I’m on my phone now and just about to switch off for the evening.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Marco360

Hey all,

is this still latest development? I jumped in from #whitehats site:

even if you use a letter instead a number in the skin.js you still have the "_key_0.onclick" events where you can see the letter typed in by number, so that the password really easy be "reversed engineered.

Any solution on this one so far? Something not needing a backend-validation so far?

Thx.
MSchneiter

Hi all,

I made good use of the small project example from Hopki, and advices to change numbers with letters (I converted the 123456789 sequence into a 9 letters word and used the letters instead of numbers)
There's nothing fancy when you view the protected panos (Atelier, bedroooms,..), but more personal stuff, and I only wanted to give away the code to people I had already seen in person!
Happy to see if anyone can crack the code :-)

https://bit.ly/lacheret

Cheers
M. KORICHI

Hi,

How can we get the start animation working (first node) after entering the PIN code?

Thank you.
Chu

Hopki wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:17 pm there is a variant knocking around somewhere where I added a reset button
Hey Hopki, thanks for this integration of protecting access to panos. Can you post here how to reset the key entry?
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Chu,
The reset button deletes the contents of the variable, password.
So use.
Mouse Click, Set Variable Value, and make it blank.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Chu

Hopki wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 am Hi Chu,
The reset button deletes the contents of the variable, password.
So use.
Mouse Click, Set Variable Value, and make it blank.
Regards,
Nice one, sounds like should've tinkered a bit more...
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
jakenorton

Hi everyone,

Trying to figure out how to PW lock a selection of panoramas in my tour, and restrict them by a certain variable. After thinking on it a while, for this tour (Everest), it makes most sense to me to restrict the "locked" panoramas based on altitude. (In short, I have paid subscribers on my site, who will get immediate access to the whole tour. Outsiders will be able to see only the panoramas under a certain altitude, if that makes sense.)

I have all the nodes tagged with GPS and altitude entered. So, my questions:
  • How would I set the actions/triggers in the lock to lock out all panoramas over a specific altitude? I see the $(alt) variable, but not sure how to code it.
  • To make it more confusing, I'd like this to be a graduated unlock, so it's as if the non-subscribed viewers are "climbing" Everest. At first, they're locked out of everything above Basecamp (5400 meters), so I'd want to have the lock apply to all panos above 5400m. Then, I'd want to adjust the lock for another altitude maybe a week later, up to say Advanced Basecamp, or 6400m. I assume then I'd just go on and adjust the lock action and variables?
I hope this makes sense, and hope it is possible to code the action!

Thank you,

Jake
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

So, after some playing and digging and head scratching, I think I figured it out on a test tour.

I set this up to trigger the lock when someone hits a node that has an altitude - $(alt) - above 5600 meters.
When they try to go there, they get the blank.png and the keypad lock (with a reset button), but once the correct code is entered they can continue through the tour without obstruction.

Here it is in a component; I'd love it if Hopki or others who know this far better than me can take a look and let me know where I might have screwed it up.
pano_lock_altitude.ggskc
(13.91 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Thanks, Jake
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com