3D Arrow Hotspot with 2D Preview Image/Tool Tip

Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
You could add both normal and 3D arrow hotspots in a tour but you would need to change the ID or one of them.
For example, ht_node and ht_node_arrow.
Please find a sample project attached.

The main issue with this is only one Hotspot Template can be assigned to a point hotspot, so what you have to do is in the list view is copy and paste the hotspots and change their ID, in this project I am adding _a to the hotspot ID that will use the arrow.
Then in the Hotspot Properties panel select the Hotspot Template it should use using the Skin-ID drop-down menu.

What I then did was set a numbered variable in the skin.
Then added a text box that on click add 1 to the variable number and when it gets to 3, it will jump back to 0. So the count will be 0, 1, 2 and then back to 0.

The two Hotspot Templates in the skin have visible logic blocks that say at which number they should show.
0 = point hotspot
1 = appro hotspot
2 = both

This is not very efficient and probably would not do it as you are now drawing two lots of hotspots per node.
But as always test it out, you may find it's fine for your project.
Regards,
Attachments
hotspots.zip
(33.28 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
deedee123

Hi,

thanks for the message.
It is indeed what i'm doing now, double the hotspots. But what i was aiming for was keep only one hotspot, and add some variable to show or hide the arrow.
But once i add the arrow code to my existing normal hotspot, everything gets changed by the code (i guess everything in some DIV tag).
if the arrow element could somehow be a child of the main hotspot, and only that part would be affected (3D turned) it would be much more efficient and i could switch just that on or off with some variable per project.
For now i'll just stick with the doubling method...

Best,
David