Included Image Popup Component does not work properly

mbb

The included "Image Popup Silhouettee" component does not appear to be functioning correctly.

Clicking on an added hotspot set for image type (and linked image) pops up the image fine enough, it just does not close properly. Clicking on the image itself does not close it.

Rather one has to click beyond some invisible boundary outside the image to close it (mouse cursor does not change to hand while over the popped up image at all), or one must click on the "X" which is shoved up in the upper right corner away from the image.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The intention was to use the close button.
The image is opened in a scalable external image loader.
The image can be smaller or larger than the loader. The screen tint has the action to close but depending on the image size it will depend where the active section of the screen will be. So we put a close button in there.
You could put a close action in the external loader, just look at the actions in the close button.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

>The intention was to use the close button.

I can see that now. Problem is, that is not how your documentation describes how to make a pop-up image. Please see the following-

http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/add-image-popup/

Being new to your software, I am trying to follow your documentation to create what I need. But if the two do not match, then it makes it more difficult.

>The image is opened in a scalable external image loader.
>The image can be smaller or larger than the loader. The screen tint has the action to close but depending on the image size it will
>depend where the active section of the screen will be. So we put a close button in there.
>You could put a close action in the external loader, just look at the actions in the close button.

Yes, I tried that. No go.

If you take a moment to open the skin and test it yourself, you will notice that by default, the component's image area that accepts clicks is apparently *reverse* in that the click-zone is outside the image container, not inside it as one would expect. Very odd.
mbb

Ok, I have this working now, but not quite as it should be expected.

The problem with your component, is that you have the mouse click actions set for the background "screen tint" instead of the actual "popup image". Further confusing matters, is that Pano2VR apparently cannot ascertain the bounds of the subsequently loaded image(?). Thus, your possible intention of having the action close the image when clicking anywhere *outside* the image, is not effective visually when the loaded image does not precisely match the bounds of the "popup_image" container. The differing sizes of "image_popup" (80% x 80%) and "popup_image" (100% x 100%) also creates a weird UI experience.

So- what I have done, is deleted the unnecessary close_button, cut the actions from "screentint_image" and pasted (with var name updates) to the actions of "popup_image". I also set "popup_image" and "screentint_image" to each have the hand cursor.

This allows the user to close the image by clicking *anywhere*. Which is more user friendly than hunting for, or not noticing, a small "X" in the corner of a large monitor.

Ideally, I would prefer closing the image only when clicking on the image itself. But as I stated previously, it seems that Pano2VR apparently cannot ascertain the bounds of the subsequently loaded image(?).

Note: I noticed that the other supplied default GGnome skin "simplex" also has this same issue with the popup image component.
Hopki
Gnome

Ahhh,
Good call for the documents.
You need to use the close button hence why it is there.
But this said I'll have a look at this again when I'm back from the IVRPA meeting.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mbb

>You need to use the close button hence why it is there.

I know what close buttons are for thanks.