White outlines around pano navigation in Drupal

Everything concerning the Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal plugins
pegot

Just installed and tried the Drupal plug-in - thanks so much for it!

I seem to be having an issue though where rectangular white outlines appear around my navigation elements, which I have never before seen in straight Flash or HTML5 output. This is happening with both my own pano, and the Garden Gnome multi resolution test file.

I have tested on Mac OS X 10.8.4, Safar 6.0.5 and FireFox 27.0.1.

See attached Screen shot
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 10.08.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 10.08.19 AM.png (640.37 KiB) Viewed 5832 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Thanks for the information. Can you test with Convert SVG to PNG selected.
This is found in the skin section under the main Settings tab of the HTML5 output.
I need to bug track this but just want to see if its just with SVG's or with PNG as well, you can also try JPG file as well if you can.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
pegot

Hi hopki.

I tried as you suggested but it did not help. Clicking the "Convert SVG to PNG" box did not remove the white rectangles.

However, I am not sure if my version of Pano2VR (4.5 beta2) is working correctly. No matter what I do - the image directory ALWAYS shows PNG files.

PNG files are what were generated even before I clicked the convert box.

I next tried both JPG formats (JPG and JPG with Alpha) by manually changing all nav elements directly in the Skin editor. Regardless of settings PNG files were always exported to the image directory and the GGPK files, when uploaded to Drupal, continued to show the white outlines.

NOTE: There was a brief moment in which the pano I uploaded yesterday rendered correctly without the white outlines. I may have left the screen inactive for a while and when I returned to it and started manipulating the panorama, the white outlines were gone. However, as soon as I refreshed the page the outlines returned and I have been unable to reproduce this behavior again.
Hopki
Gnome

The reason it generates PNG files as well as SVG is because the GGPKG also outputs a fallback to Flash file. Flash can not use SVG so the software also outputs PNG, this however does not mean the HTML5 output will use them, you have to select Convert SVG to PNG.
OK I will bug track this now, thanks for testing.
BR,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
pegot

I have some more information on this issue. It looks like its theme related, and may not be an issue with the Pano2VR Drupal module.

I just tested with a fresh install of Drupal 7 on a completely different server than my previous trial. Other than the Pano2VR module, there were no other 3'rd party or contributed modules installed.

The issue did not appear, no white boxes were visible around the nav elements.

However, as soon as I uploaded and enabled my theme the issue manifested itself and the white boxes appeared. So I tried a different theme and all was again good - no white rectangles.

The theme where the issue appears is the Nexus theme (https://drupal.org/project/nexus). I will continue investigating to see if I can find the CSS styles that might be causing this.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Thanks for the information. I have updated the bug tracker.
BR,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com