Wordpress - Display Virtual Tour via Custom Fields

Everything concerning the Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal plugins
Matt Staines

Hi All,

I'm in need of a solution for a template page in wordpress. I need to display virtual tours dynamically with the URL of the .ggpkg file being stored in a custom wordpress database field. The template page is to host the code for the tour creation, however the tour package URL will be loaded dynamically based on the current page and its associated virtual tour.

For instance, I have a template page to display locations around the UK. Within the wordpress database I have a custom field called "_virtualtour" that contains the URL to the .ggpkg file for that particular page. I can currently place the gnome plugin onto the template page, however the URL cannot be merged as you cannot place a shortcode within a shortcode successfully for this task.

Is there a way to get the wordpress plugin to load a custom field as the URL rather than its current function of having to input a URL directly in the shortcode?

Many thanks

Matt
Matt Staines

Martin in support has emailed me prior to the ticket to say this functionality will be included in the next release of the plugin. Happy days! :D

If anyobody has done any workarounds for the meantime I'd sure appreciate some insight.

Many thanks
Hopki
Gnome

Moved the topic to the correct forum.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/