"Error loading panorama XML"

Everything concerning the Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal plugins
jakenorton

Hi all,

I can't figure out what is wrong here, but after many and varied attempts to get my mutli-node tour onto Wordpress, I keep getting the error "Error loading panorama XML." There is no additional information, and no way I can see to decipher what might be wrong. Getting kind of desperate here after hours of trying to solve the issue - and months of work on the project.

If helpful, here is a copy of the XML in Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/t/1cORDJ5sQMJOooKm and attached as well.

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

Jake
Attachments
TD-EV19-00222-00244 PTGUI Panorama_equi.xml
(915.23 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

Hi again, all,

So, I have now uploaded the fill tour multiple times, in multiple ways (FileZilla, Cpanel/File Manager) and with external xml and embedded xml, and with embedded xml and an external in the folder, too, just in case. The result is the same over and over: "Error loading panoramal xml"

It makes me believe there must be a glitch somewhere in the code, either as a result of skin modifications I made that are breaking the code, or some setting I missed, or...?? But, I really need some help on this if at all possible. Here is a draft post https://jakenorton.com/?p=1420&preview= ... a3414f5a4b with the tour embedded that will show the error, and links in the post to the index.html with embedded xml as well as the standalone xml file. I'll attach both here as well. Note that these are the files directly from my local drive - not the ones on the server - and I was reading that some folks have had issues with servers "breaking" code by misinterpreting data with some mime setting, so will look into that and see if that is a possibility, as everything works fine on the local view.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears and grateful in advance!

Thanks,

Jake
Attachments
TD-EV19-00222-00244 PTGUI Panorama_equi.xml
(915.16 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

Another update: I just checked both the local and server-side xml files and index files, and they both are exact matches, so that seems to rule out some syntax change while uploading, leading me to believe there must be an issue with the export of the xml data somehow, somewhere.
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

Still working on this, and wondering if the issue could stem from having spaces in some of the node image filenames?

For example, the master node has a filename of "TD-EV19-00222-00244 PTGUI Panorama_equi.tif". That in turn gets populated to the tiles folder in output, and then of course to the xml and index.html files, etc. Could this be the issue? Would renaming all the panoramas so there are no spaces (this one would change to: "TD-EV19-00222-00244_PTGUI_Panorama_equi.tif") make the difference?

And, related to this, could I bypass the need to re-upload the entire tiles folder (massive and time consuming) by simply changing the references to all the associated filenames and taking out the spaces? To explain, could I go into the xml and index.html, as well as the tiles folder on the server-side, and change all references to "TD-EV19-00222-00244 PTGUI Panorama_equi.tif" to "TD-EV19-00222-00244_PTGUI_Panorama_equi.tif"?

Really hoping someone has some insight into this issue, and thanks in advance!
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

OK, I ruled out the spaces issue noted in my last post by doing the reverse to the "light_painting.ggpkg" test file Hopki shared in another post. When changing the files in the ggpkg file to have spaces in the file names (xml and tiles reference folder) it still worked just fine. So, there's a deeper issue somewhere.
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
What is the file name?
Avoid starting with numbers.
Does your project have any special characters in file names?
Lastly does it open OK using the desktop package viewer?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jakenorton

Hi Hopki,

Not sure what you mean for filename, so here's some options:
- Project filename: Everest Tour.p2vr
- GGPKG filename: VirtualMountEverest.ggpkg
- xml filename: TD-EV19-00222-00244 PTGUI Panorama_equi.xml

Let me know if you need something different.

No special characters in any of the filenames, aside from spaces. Attached is a list of all the pano names via the tiles folder in the output.
filelist.txt
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
The package does open fine in the package viewer, although I do get an error on closing the viewer - see second attachment.
viewer close error.jpg
viewer close error.jpg (199.44 KiB) Viewed 6811 times
Thanks!

Jake
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

Just did a quick test to see if it was the skin causing a problem. I created a simple, single-node tour, applied the same skin, created ggpkg and uploaded using the widget, and no problem - every element worked fine. So, something deeper seems to be amiss.
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

Me again.

Perhaps have found the issue - maybe, maybe not.

I initially started this project with Pano2vr light/regular, and used the instructions here (https://ggnome.com/doc/hotspots-link-pano/) to create a multi-node tour using that program. I then upgraded to Pro, but was using the same project file, and thus the same changes in the HTML5 output settings.

I'm now re-outputting the project with the normal settings from Pro, and hoping this might resolve the issue. It's the only thing I can see that is different from the test tour noted in my post above that worked, and the big tour that repeatedly fails.
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com
jakenorton

the last solution solved it after much work and consternation.
- Jake

Jake Norton
www.jakenorton.com