Will latest WordPress plugin handed large tours

Everything concerning the Wordpress/Joomla/Drupal plugins
TedH

I've got a tour 200 panos and 150 images etc. comes out at about 2 gbs. Will the WP package plugin
automatically take care of loading the panos, images and audio automatically even though the size
is beyond the WP limit? If not do I use the old method of loading the panos and images separately?
Thanks,
Ted Hildebrandt
Gordon College
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Ted,
Firstly your computer may run out of memory first if you use the Create Package button.
The Create Package button only uses RAM and no HDD swap file, and Pano2VR makes copies of the tour in RAM so very quickly it will fill up.

So knowing all this you need to make the package manually from the normal HTML5 output which does use HDD, so as your doing this anyway, leave out the images and tiles folder.
Once you have uploaded the now lightweight package to WP, use FTP and upload the two folders, then all should be good.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TedH

Thanks! Really appreciate how fast you get back to users. Great software!
iantresman

Many Wordpress installations have a media file upload limit of just 2Mb (equivalent to a maximum single panorama resolution of just 2048x1024). This is a restriction set by the server. The value can be changed if you have access to your hosting control panel, and by various technical means.

An alternative is to use a plugin such as "Tuxedo Big File Uploads", which removes the server limit. This plugin circumvents the need to upload your Garden Gnome package file (*.ggpkg) by FTP, and you can use the Wordpress Media Browser.
Aso

What is FTP ? And how we can use it to upload our large files / or package to our world press site?
I saw the tutorial video (https://youtu.be/jCGse0eKIV0) but I couldn’t understand the FTP server uploading part!

I’ll appreciate your help.
iantresman

FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a way to upload files directly to your server. You need to know your FTP server address, username and password. If you have not heard of it before, I recommend the Wordpress plug I mentioned in my previous post.
Aso

Thank you for help, now it works :)