VR Tourviewer for Oculus Quest, Go, Rift, Pico VR, Gear VR & Cardboard

3DV

VR Tourviewer is dedicated software to watch tours created with Pano2VR on various VR headsets. Currently supports Oculus Quest (1& 2), Oculus Go & Rift, Pico VR headsets, Samsung Gear VR and Google Cardboard. This includes support for their respective controllers as a laser pointer.

https://www.vrtourviewer.com

Features
VR Tourviewer uses the extra sensors of the headsets and low latency of the Unity implementation, this results in a much smoother and more immersive experience than with a webview/browser workaround to watch tours on these devices.The app can work with locally stored tours (also in offline mode) or load them from an URL.

It supports monoscopic and stereoscopic tours, node hotspot navigation, surround audio, lensflares, image and video overlays, single & multi resolution panoramas and panoramic videos up to 4K. Skins (incl. tour maps), animation, and scripts aren't supported.

Environmental effects like falling rain, snow and leaves can be easily added to a panorama by simply adding a user tag in Pano2VR.

VR Tourviewer Remote
A remote viewer for Windows has been released too, to be able to see what a VR user is seeing on a laptop or big screen. With normal screencasting applications, a videostream of the screen has to be transmitted. Due to the high CPU/GPU and traffic intensity of this technique, this results in lag in both the VR experience and the casted result. I strongly advise not to use such apps to avoid ruining the VR experience.

With VR Remote Tourviewer this has been solved by running an identical (non-VR) tour on a Windows computer, and only synchronizing the camera movement and user interaction. This results in a very high quality, low latency, synchronized view of the tour on a big screen, fullscreen ie: without the 'binoculor vision' of a screen casting app.

Customization and pricing
The free version of VR Tourviewer contains a watermark, a version without watermark can be ordered for € 75 per device. This includes free updates. Reduced pricing available for purchasing of 5 or more licenses at once.

A white label (bespoke) version can be ordered with the offline 'Storage' section. Impress your clients! Use your own business or project logo, app name, splash screen, launcher icon, hotspot colors and even your own panorama for the background of the menu area. It's possible to automatically start a tour on startup without using the menu area, and use a soundtrack/music to play uninterupted during the entire tour. Pricing is € 350 for a white label version for offline use (using storage on device) including licenses to use the app on two devices. Addtional customization is also possible of course.

VR Tourviewer has no subscription or monthly fees, and no costs per tour.

Contact
Need extra customization, more information or you want to order? Please contact me at info@vrtourviewer.com

Note that VR Tourviewer is developed independently by 3DV (Netherlands) and 3DV is not affiliated with Garden Gnome.
So if you have any questions or remarks please use the VR Tourviewer support (FAQ, knowledge base and forum) : https://www.vrtourviewer.com or email.
Last edited by 3DV on Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ruud van Reenen
3DV - Real estate artist impressions and animations
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
REdwards

Is this only for Android and Windows?
A lot of my clients just use iPhone and Apple Mac !
Is there an online desktop demo i can see without using the app?
JPeacock

Hi 3DV and others,
Today I've had a little play with VR Tour Viewer, viewing an older tour I did on my Oculus Go. Felt like a lot less hassle than on the Gear VR, however, it feels extremely limiting to only be able to export tours with the Stare, or Cardboard skins and because of this I feel reluctant to move on from the free version, despite VR Tour Viewer working really well on the Go.

Has anyone designed a more feature-rich skin, or one that's more visually appealing, that works well with VR Tour Viewer, and if not, what might I have to bear in mind if I build one myself? My main priorities are mixed media hotspots with HTML content, and nice looking animated icons to access them and navigate about. Cheers!!!
3DV

An update for VR Tourviewer and VR Tourviewer Remote (for live view) is now available!

Some of the new features:
- added: choose which menu item to show when starting the app (licensed only)
- added: support for links to pdf files
- added: you can now add flying butterflies to your panorama
- added: hidden image overlay can be made visible when focus or laser pointer hovers over it
- added: ability to show node hotspots as 3d arrows
- added: ability to mark already visited panoramas
- added: supports description textbox for info hotspots (hotspots without a link)
- added: mini icons to hotspots to recognize audio, image, video and info hotspots
- added: supports direct links to mp3 audio and mp4 video files

Changelog: 1.0 Build 222
Ruud van Reenen
VR Tourviewer - Experience Pano2VR tours on Oculus Go, Quest, Rift, Pico and Cardboard VR headsets
3DV

Great news! VR Tourviewer is now available on Oculus App Lab for Oculus Quest (1 and 2) devices!

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/ques ... 873819323/

No more side-loading, but easy installation and automatic updates.
Change log: https://www.vrtourviewer.com/docs/changelog/
Ruud van Reenen