Problem with new QuickTime upgrade

Q&A about the latest release Version
Louis

Hello,
I updated my quicktime today from version 7.2.0.240 to version 7.4 and have/had a problem with making a qtvr with Pano2Qtvr and Pano2VR.

It seems that with the old version of quicktime, the output file would be the same name as the image only with the .mov file name, such as: mid_orchestra.jpg will be converted to mid_orchestra.mov.

The new Quick time, in Pano2qtvr and Pano2VR, changes the output file to an abbreviated name such as: mid_orchestra.jpg will be converted to MID_OR~.MOV

Thus the program (Pano2QTVR + Pano2VR) will not recoginize the file and will not open it. However. the new file name will open in quicktime if you double click on it. It will not open from within the progams

I have changed back to the old version of quicktime and all is well again. Has anyone experienced this?

Any ideas?

louis
thomas
Chief Gnome

Odd. I haven't seen that before. I guess this problem can be avoided if you choose a name shorter that 8 chars for the .mov file.
MfG, Thomas
Louis

hello thomas, i will have to reload QT, i will try it soon, i will let you know how i make out.

louis
Louis

Hello again, Thomas.

on the problem with the new version of QuickTime, I reloaded the newest version of QT and took your suggestion and kept the file name below 8 characters. this fixes the problem. your program will recognize the file when you want to view it through the program.

thanks for the help.

Louis