Modifying .js file to center movie?

Q&A about the latest release Version
Louis

I am building several QTVR's using the older pano2qtvr. i would like to change the position of the actual movie in the HTML display. this can only be done with a modification to the .js files. i have looked through the file and cannot figure what I might change. the movie opens in the default position of left top window. i would also like to remove the small dialog box on the bottom left. My final position will be center stage a little low to accommodate text above the movie.

can anyone direct me to the proper place in the code to make the modifications.

thanks is advance.

Louis
smooth

You DO NOT need to modify the .js file. Any simple HTML editor can adjust the movie to centre page and can remove the silly information table nest under the movie.

If you don't have a HTML editor simply learn HTML and remove the offending code in "Note Pad"
It will end up like this......

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<html>
	<head>
		<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
		<title>Page Name</title>
		<script language="javascript" src="p2q_embed_object.js">

</script>	
	</head>
	<body bgcolor="#ffffff">
		<h1></h1>
		<p align="center">
		<script language="javascript">
<!--
			if (window.p2q_Version) {
				p2q_EmbedQuicktime('your_panorama.mov','640','480',
				  'scale','tofit',
				  'controller','false');
			} else {
				document.writeln('<br><b>p2q_embed_object.js is not included! Please copy this file into your html directory.</b><br>');
			}
//-->
		</script>
		<noscript>
			<br><b>Please enable Javascript!</b></br>
		</noscript>
		<br>
		</body>

</html>
Regards, Smooth 8)
Louis

Hi Smooth,
thanks for the reply.

i have tried to reposition the movie in frontpage 2003 and all i was able to do was to center it. it does not show on my display portion, only on the preview.

I will work further.

louis
360Texas

You can FP2003 position the viewer box (right click Page properties select Advanced tab) and key in the top margin, left margin values. This should do it. I always want our top 'Include' header to fit neatly to the page top. So I use top margin "0".

Smooth's html code should show properly in FP2003.. if you preview it.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Louis

360Texas wrote:You can FP2003 position the viewer box (right click Page properties select Advanced tab) and key in the top margin, left margin values. This should do it. I always want our top 'Include' header to fit neatly to the page top. So I use top margin "0".

Smooth's html code should show properly in FP2003.. if you preview it.
Hello Dave, this works just fine. the work around that i came up with, since i am going to place text above the viewer window, i entered some text into the user data box under title. the text will show in FP2003, not the viewer box. all i had to do then was to change the text in FP and was able to position the viewer box vertically by using the enter or backspace keys.
what I would like to do now, is to remove the "zoom in and zoom out" task bar under the viewer window. is this possible.

thanks for your suggestion,

Louis
360Texas

Ah in the QTVR .mov gray bar across bottom of image is called the controller. In pano2QTVR I thought there was an option to turn the controller on / off. After looking at version 1.6.6 I do not think this is a feature. However,

In the html code set ... look for parameter called "Controller" change the value from "true" to read "false" and the gray bar will be ommited from the display.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Louis

360Texas wrote:Ah in the QTVR .mov gray bar across bottom of image is called the controller. In pano2QTVR I thought there was an option to turn the controller on / off. After looking at version 1.6.6 I do not think this is a feature. However,

In the html code set ... look for parameter called "Controller" change the value from "true" to read "false" and the gray bar will be ommited from the display.

Thank you, Dave, appreciate your reply.

louis
smooth

The code I provided already clearly showed the controller = false

There is no rocket science here, it is all very simple HTML.

Regards, Smooth 8)