How can I eliminate the Microsoft Nag screen - click to acti

Q&A about the latest release Version
Louis

Hello Everyone,
I have been a user of Pano2QTVR for some time and have made many VR's with it. However Microsoft in their wisdom changed the parameters of Internet Explorer to display a nag screen that says, "Press space bar or enter to activate or use this control".

I have tried many of the fixes that I have found on the internet, however none of them work with a QT movie. I have figured out how to get it work with the flash movies, but not QuickTime..

Does anyone know how to fix my html files so when someone opens the movie, they don't have to click to activate. Some of my patrons are getting annoyed with this.

I have just upgraded to Pano2VR, and I am still evaluating it.

thanks for any help.

Louis
360Texas

We develope our panorama display work around Pano2VR. However, until the /helper\ tab becomes available in Pano2VR it is necessary to use the /helper\ tab to create the HTML code page for your pano2qtvr panorama file name. When you create the HTML code page output file in pano2qtvr it also generates a file called p2q_embed_object.js file.

This .js file must be in the same file folder as your finished html page. This .js removes the MS IE 6 browser "Click to Activate" issue. Visitors with other browsers to do not have this Click to Activate issue.

NB: Last fall Microsoft bought a EOLAS license for the IE 6 and 7 browser that will be updated Spring 08. After the update we will no long have this issue. This next spring MS will release Vista SP1, XP SP3, IE 6 and 7 browser updates.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Louis

Hello Dave, thanks so much for the info. I did not know this. i will try this today.

looking forward to the new version.

louis