Quick Time Clickwalk opens new window all the time!

Q&A about the latest release Version
mazzo

Hi, I have made a clickwalk

http://aftenbladet.no/multimedia/pano/g ... start.html

and I have tried to get the hotspots open urls since there is different text information following each panorama.

But when I click on a hotspot, the urls loads correctly, but it will show in another window. Soon I will have lots of windows all over the place. What can I do to let it open in the same Window? I have tried no target, I have tried "_self", but nothing works.
thomas
Chief Gnome

The correct target for QuickTime is "myself". You can may find more information about this at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/tutorial ... rgetmyself .
MfG, Thomas
mazzo

Yes, but if I try that, the movie will try to load the new one into the movie window on the web page, not a whole new web page, and then the text on the page will be static.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmm... ok, I understand. Have you tried to set the target to a simple name like "window"? In theory, except for the first one, all others should open in that window. If this works you can put the tour into a frame set an apply a name also to the first window.
MfG, Thomas
ScottWitte

mazzo wrote:....But when I click on a hotspot, the urls loads correctly, but it will show in another window.
Mazzo,

I'll bet you are only seeing this using IE on Windows XP or Vista, right? If so you have stumbled on what seems to be a(nother) known bug in Quicktime 7.2 that only happens with IE. I've been told that Apple is aware of this and promises to fix it in the next release.

In the meantime, your tour seems to work as desired in Firefox and probably Safari. In my experience it shouldn't matter whether you use T<myself> or use no target at all. The new URL should open in the same window it was called from.

Hope that helps.
mazzo

Thanks, guys.

I installed firefox and it works at it should. Looks like I wouldn't have to bother with target at all.

Spot on, Scott!