Pano is not aliging for continuous 360'

Q&A about the latest release Version
dj

I have created a cylindrical panorama from a series of images stitched together in Photoshop CS3. Although the stitching appears extremely good in the tif file, the QuickTime file produced from Pano2QTVR 1.6 has problems where the right edge of the pano meets the left edge. I have tried changing the order of the series but continue to encounter the same issue. The image is of a home interior where nothing has moved or changed by motion or lighting. How do I resolve the issue of getting the file to align so I can show a continuous 360' pano movie? Thank you for your assistance!
360Texas

Ahhh the image left/ right edge is not aligned properly.

In photoshop there is a filter tool that will allow you to rotate the image and have the fall off wrap around and appear again on the other side.

FILTER| OTHER | Offset (besure to have image wrap box checked)

What you will now see is in the middle of your image the LEFT | RIGHT joint area.

Cause? Camera not level through out the image rotation so the far right is not aligned properly with the left image edge. Or possibly you did not tell the software that this a full 360 cylinder. [Not sure that PS Photomerge tool has this option]

Possible solution

If the L/R horizon is not at the same elevation and it appears to be minor.. try cloning to give it the appearance of being at proper elevation.

If the L/R horizon is grossly not at the same elevation... then tell Pano2QTVR to limit view to only the left and right YAW [min/max limit] range value. Can be down using the PREVIEW QTVR
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
dj

Actually rather than a seam it is part of the image that is repeating for a small area and then everything goes back to normal. I tried the filter you mention but with no success. When I shot this interior I did use a pano head to keep the lens in the right place with the nodal point. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Is there a program (other than Photoshop CS3) that is recommneded for creating the stitched together image before bringing into Pano2QTVR? Thahks for all of the help!
360Texas

Ah sorry.. I thought you said "has problems where the right edge of the pano meets the left edge"

You tried the OFFset filter and it did not work ---- because it did not __________ please fill in the blank.

Well great you did use a pan head and know where the No Parallax Point is located.

For Cylinders - there are 3 or 4 but do not recall their names at the moment. Maybe someone else here in the forum might help if you recall the cylinder software
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
dj

Each frame was originally created with approx 33% overlap. Although Photoshop did a perfect job of merging the images with (no visible seams at all), when I bring it into Pano2QTVR I end up with the following problem; it seems that it takes the right and left sides and does not overlap them properly. In Pshop CS3 the photomerge creates layer masks. First I applied each layer mask to it's respective layer. Then I tried the offset filter leaving the horizontal and vertical adjustments set at zero. This didn't appear to do anything. Then I tried by making an adjsutment with the offset filter and adjusting the horizontal slider and although I think I can make the problem areas overlap properly, it leaves a large gap from where it is pulling the info from. I DO have the wrap around turned on in the filter box as you recomended. If I could just make the wrap around from the last image to the first overlap properly I believe everything would work seamlessly (no pun inteneded). I do not see in Photoshop any option for 360' cylinder. Once again thanks for the help!
360Texas

I think the 'Offset' filter only works when the image is flattened meaning no layers.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
dj

yes, you are correct. I tried the offset filter after flattening and was able to shift the problem area to the center of the image where I could then blend the inconsistecies together. Fortunately it was a wall that needed blending and it did not have any sort of pattern on it. Do you know of any way to force the far right edge and far left edge to meet and blend right without this happening again?

Anyway, I appreciate your help! Your suggestion got me thorugh this project!