Viewing parameters doesn't work with hotspots

Q&A about the latest release Version
mazzo

When I make a virtual tour, I need to change the viewing parameters in the movies I load after clicking on hotspots. There is an option for that in Pano2qvtr, but it doesn't seem to work - the file will bee loaded with its default viewing parameters. Why is that?

This works smoothly in java (Iseemedia), but I'd rather use quicktime.
360Texas

when creating your qtvr movie... orient your panorama initial view [min start | max] at that time. Then when making hotspots.. the proper initial view will already be there.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
mazzo

Hi, Dave, I remember writing to you six years ago. Then it was the nodal point and the parallax.

I know I can orient the panorama when I make the movie. But I want different initial views when entering the panorama. For instance, if you walk through a church, you want to have your eyes in the right direction all the time, NOT have a panorama movie that gives you the opposite.

There is an option in Pano2QVTR when you work with hotspots that seemingly should fix all this, but I can't see it does. It works inside Pano2QVTR, but not outside.

I am a bit confused also as to where this information is put. Is it inside the first panorama or the loaded one?

Tormod
thomas
Chief Gnome

It is in the Hotspots of the source panorama. You can open the tour in your browser and there it should work. I guess you use QuickTime <7.2. If you update it should also work in the player.
MfG, Thomas
mazzo

I've tried that now. But it doesn't work.

Here are thee lines

hotspot.1.title=OPP TIL ORGELET
hotspot.1.url=<domkirke-orgelet.mov> E<pan=108.2 tilt=-24.0 fov=79.0 >
hotspot.1.localfile=C:\2008\domkirken\domkirke-orgelet.mov
hotspot.2.url=<domkirke-skipet.mov> E<pan=177.3 tilt=0.0 fov=54.0 >
hotspot.2.localfile=C:\2008\domkirken\domkirke-skipet.mov
hotspot.2.title=INN I KIRKEN
thomas
Chief Gnome

Here is the quick test with 2 panos I just created http://www.pano2qtvr.com/temp/hstest , project files http://www.pano2qtvr.com/temp/hstest/project.zip . Works for me with QT7.2
MfG, Thomas
mazzo

So it does :-)

But not in the standalone, only in the HTML. But that doesn't matter for me.