out of memory

Q&A about the latest release Version
KenC

I'm a new user, trying out Pano2QTVR. I get an insufficient memory error every time I run the program. I'm running WinXP Pro on a 2GHz P4 with 1 GB of RAM. No other programs running (other than the usual Win background trash). I regularly run 100MB spreadsheets in Excel with no problem so I was wondering what the system requirements for this program are or if I should be changing the settings from the defaults. I was trying to create a Quicktime movie from a rectilinear 360 .jpg file (64MB). Is the size of the file a problem? I got the following on the console screen:

External Call: "C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\pano2qtvr.exe" -c "_tmp_script.pqp" -f _tmp_cube

Pano2QTVR - Quicktime VR Converter
Version 1.2.10 (c) Thomas Rauscher (support@pano2qtvr.com)

Looked for: C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\pano2qtvr.cfg
Looked for: C:\Documents and Settings\Ken Cooper\My Documents\My Pictures\AutoPano\FrontYard360\pano2qtvr.cfg
Read Configfile: _tmp_script.pqp
Looked for: pano2qtvr.cfg

Initialise PanoTools pano12.dll

Pano12 not available.

Input file date : September 23, 2006 4:15:24 PM
Userdata - Title :
Output File : C:\Documents and Settings\Ken Cooper\My Documents\My Pictures\AutoPano\FrontYard360\NewProject2.mov

Pan (Min/Max/Def) : 0.0/ 360.0/ 0.0
Tilt(Min/Max/Def) : -90.0/ 90.0/ 0.0
FoV (Min/Max/Def) : 10.0/ 120.0/ 70.0

Previewtrack : 1:8 grayscale

Loading 'FrontYard360.jpg'
Imagesize 20151 x 4159

Autotilesize : 6412
.................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................

JPEG - Quality : 20
0, 0= 55542b,
0, 0= 57006b,
0, 0= 50354b,
0, 0= 54654b,
0, 0= 28528b,
0, 0= 60616b,
JPEG - Quality : 90
Caught exception: pano2qtvr.exe: Insufficient memory (case 4) `'

I'd appreciate your comments
KenC
thomas
Chief Gnome

From the size of the image I guess you want to make a cylinder, not a spherical panorama. So please change the project type.

Also your resolution is much to high. To process the image you would need at least 3GB of RAM and the viewer of the pano would need at least 750MB just for the pano.... So maybe you should think of reducing the image size.
MfG, Thomas
KenC

Thanks thomas
I'd forgotten that file was set for print resolution.

Thanks
KenC
yoshiyukikoide

I got same memory error.
I tried image size 20000 x 10000, and successes to make MOV file using my desktop PC Pentium 4 with 1GB of RAM.
But I failed to convert MOV file from the same image using more powerful PC, Win XP Centrino Duo with 2 GB of RAM.
If possible I want to make more high resolution image (30000 x 15000) in 1 or 2 GB RAM.
Is it difficult my request to realize in now version and my PC system?