CorelPaint

Q&A about the latest release Version

Hi, Great program!!!!

I have encountered a problem when I attempt to "Convert to Equirectangular", "XXX_cube_X.tif" files that have been converted from "XXX.mov" files originally converted to cubic with Pano2QTVR.

I "Convert to Cubic" to add a nadir logo using CorelPaint V12. After adding the logo, I save the file back to the original tif filename.

If the tif image is #5, Pano2QTVR will process 0-4 quickly but "hang up" on the reworked #5. I see a message in the progress window stating that the program has found an error in #5 indicating the file has a zero file size. I can open the #5 tif file in a number of different programs (indicating that "others" can deal with it).

I have found a work-a-round by opening the problem file in a graphic program (not CorelPaint) and saving it from THAT program. Then everything works????

Anyone have this problem?

Pano2QTVR is STILL a great program!!!! Thanks. Newbie
smooth

You answered your own question - don't use Corel Paint. Or ask them (Corel) what you need to configure in their program so the images are save in a normal expected way.

Regards, Smooth 8)
thomas
Chief Gnome

There is a bug in Corel Paint with tiffs. If I remember correct the work around is to add a alpha channel and save the file again.
MfG, Thomas

Thanks guys, I will pose the question to the Corel forums.

My reasoning for asking here was because the graphics from Corel work with other programs and visa versa (I have been working with Corel since V1.1).

I'll look elsewhere.