Batch Converting Equirectangular to Cubic

Q&A about the latest release Version
apoe

Hi there, I am new to the forum, but have spent a fair amount of time searching for the answer to my questions..
I have a group of folders each with a single panoramic image (roughly 10000px x 5000px), I would like to batch convert all of these images and have the output of each one end up in the respective folder at a size of 2048px.

Thank you in advance for your support.

apoe
Hugh

Hello Garden Gnome Software,

I have been using Pano2VR and Pano2QTVR before that for a long while and have only joined the forum today because I have seen apoe's question.
I have not felt the need to ask questions before as I have found these products very intuitive and easy to use, but I now have the same question as apoe, "Is there a way to batch convert Equirectangular to Cubic Images?"
I am not concerned if the Cube Images are put into the same folders as the Equirectangular Images as required by apoe, or if they all go into one directory.

The reason for my question is that in the world of HDS (High Definition Surveying) Spherical Panoramas are used to add "true" colours to the Point Clouds created by the scanners, even though they have their own built in cameras, because this gives the user much more control over the photography and is actually much faster than using the on-board cameras.
The panoramas are introduced into the Point Clouds using the Cube Images.
Whilst most of us will probably only work on one (or a few) panorama(s) at a time it possible to make tens of scans and related panoramas in a day and hundreds in a week so being able to batch the process would be a huge benefit.

Any help in this topic will be much appreciated at the world of HDS is growing rapidly.

Best regards
Hugh

Since making my first post I have experimented some more with Pano2VR and found that it is as intuitive as I first said because I found the answer to my own question and to apoe's.

Pano2VR coverts Equirectangular to Cube images beautifully and puts the Cube Images where the Equirectangular Image came from.

Excellent! :D
apoe

I agree the current process works easily and cleanly, but I am looking for a way to batch this process, so that I can run multiple (hundreds) over night.

Thank you
thomas
Chief Gnome

apoe wrote:I agree the current process works easily and cleanly, but I am looking for a way to batch this process, so that I can run multiple (hundreds) over night.
Please have a look at http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pan ... mmand_line . You can control Pano2VR from the command line and you can create your own script to do this.
MfG, Thomas