help! in trouble! I am getting error message -50

Q&A about the latest release Version
evamedusa

I am new in this and I :? :? am getting message error -50 when trying to assemble the quicktime. what is going wrong? :?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Which version of QuickTime do you have installed? If its QuickTime 6.5 did you make a "Complete Installation"? otherwise some componentes are missing. Just a wild guess...
MfG, Thomas
patrickcheatham

I'm sometimes receiving this error, too.

It seems to only happen at first creation of the movie, and on larger window sizes (1000 x 800 in my case).

It's sporadic, for me though (I can't faithfully reproduce it).
evamedusa

I have quicktime 7.01, and I get the -50 error and cannot have movies assembled when I am working with a Greek system windows. Is there any support plugin for greek windows?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Have you tried to upgrade to 7.1.3? Quicktime 7.0 has some problems with special characters so maybe an upgrade (oder downgrade to 6.5) may help.
Some folks are working with Chinese Systems so Pano2QTVR should be able to handle also Greek symbols.
MfG, Thomas
evamedusa

I have downloaded the 7.103 quicktime as you sugested but still does not work. when I am assembling the movie I am getting the following:

Read Tile 0: C:\Documents and Settings\+--__-_--\+¬¦_-¦-¦- --_-_--_\hottest\icons\file1_cube_0.tif
Read Tile 1: C:\Documents and Settings\+ΫάήήίΈ-ά\+Î?ÏŽ_-Ίίώά ί±ήά_-ά_\hottest\icons\file1_cube_1.tif
Read Tile 2: C:\Documents and Settings\+ΫάήήίΈ-ά\+Î?ÏŽ_-Ίίώά ί±ήά_-ά_\hottest\icons\file1_cube_2.tif
Read Tile 3: C:\Documents and Settings\+--__-_--\+¬¦_-Ίίώά ί±ήά_-ά_\hottest\icons\file1_cube_3.tif
Read Tile 4: C:\Documents and Settings\+--__-_--\+¬¦_-¦-¦- --_-_--_\hottest\icons\file1_cube_4.tif
Read Tile 5: C:\Documents and Settings\+ΫάήήίΈ-ά\+Î?ÏŽ_-Ίίώά ί±ήά_-ά_\hottest\icons\file1_cube_5.tif

Error CreateMovieFile -50

do you think it is perhaps better to look for 6.5 quicktime?

I am in real agony, since I have a project deadline to meet and cannot find an english system windows computer to work at .It seems to work there.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmmm.... maybe try a "simple" directory without special characters for example "c:\pano\"
MfG, Thomas
evamedusa

I reset my working path file name characters and now I get no more -50 but the program automatically picks up the date and I get
Looked for: C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\pano2qtvr.cfg
Looked for: C:\gothic\grecvr_with_hotsp\pano2qtvr.cfg
Read Configfile: _tmp_script.pqp
Looked for: pano2qtvr.cfg

Initialise PanoTools pano12.dll

Pano12 Version: 2.8.0

Number of Filters 24
Input file date : ¦Ϋ±ώάΆ_, 24 _ίÎ?Ϊ_Ήέ±ώΎ_ 2006 12:01:38 Î?Ή
Userdata - Title :
Output File : C:\gothic\grecvr_with_hotsp\telos.mov

Pan (Min/Max/Def) : 0.0/ 360.0/ 0.0
Tilt(Min/Max/Def) : -90.0/ 90.0/ 0.0
FoV (Min/Max/Def) : 10.0/ 120.0/ 70.0

Previewtrack : 1:8 grayscale
Create Hotspots

Loading 'lina_cube_3.tif'
Imagesize 508 x 508

Loading 'lina_cube_3_hs.png'
Imagesize 508 x 508

Input image is square!

I will try it with cubefaces!

Read Tile 0: lina_cube_0.tif
Read Tile 1: lina_cube_1.tif
Read Tile 2: lina_cube_2.tif
Read Tile 3: lina_cube_3.tif
Read Tile 4: lina_cube_4.tif
Read Tile 5: lina_cube_5.tif
Read Tile 0: C:\gothic\grecvr_with_hotsp\_tmp_cube_0_hs.png
Caught exception: pano2qtvr.exe: UnableToOpenFile `C:\gothic\grecvr_with_hotsp\_tmp_cube_0_hs.png'

what am I doing wrong again?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmmmm... I guess you use the Droplet with hotspots.... What do you want to do? Why don't you use the GUI for this?

There seems to be a bug with a normal droplet + square input + square hotspots as Droplet .... a really unusual combination! If you really need to do it that way, please change the parameters in the properties of the droplet from "-e -ac" to only "-ac". This will only allow square input files but should work with hotpots.
MfG, Thomas
evamedusa

Please help I am in desperation, now. I need to hand in the work to the client tomorow.I have finally assembled the movies after I changed the file names and downloaded quicktime 7.13 but the problem is now that I assmbled a hotspot tour in a friends english speaking pc and after i got it out of her computer now it does not play anywhere else as a tour. It is a tour that consists of 3 quicktime movies that go fromthe one to the other in a circle by clicking on the hotspots. Why won;t it play elsewhre from where it was produced? basically what happens is that on the second room quicktime I no longer get any picture (white background)on the html files and the hotspot in the case of the quicktime the second does not open at all, even though the conection is there. Is that a quicktime problem? a file folder problem, a language problem or what? I ned to give the tour in a cd for someone to show abroad what files do i need to include and what kind of programs or language do i have to make them at? the error message is that it cannot find the second quicktime and i have to check the path or url. is there a way to fix my quicktimes together even if they get biger in size because it seems to not being able to call them up seperately. if somebody want to see the tour do they have to have pano tools installed? panoqtvr installed ? the same version of quicktime as it was made 6.5? installed?since i had ths problem with the languge before i now get the files out of c/ eva/projecta, project b, project cannot when i istall the files back to other computers in the c they do not read the whole just the 1st quicktime .I am so frustrated that i might have a stroke by tommorow that is my deadlinetour .please help me!
evamedusa

where do i write my source file? if my source is c/eva/vlaxern, perhaps that is the problem i usually get the files from c/eva cause of the greek characters problem that would not let me work at the desktop etc. is is possible to have this problem if i don fill in the user dat screen. i could really use a manual or something of the kind
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmmm.. If you have your Tour completed, only Quicktime (5.0 or later) is needed to play it. No other software is required.
Did you use a relative path for the links to the panos? Maybe you have something like c: in the path and on the other computer the path has changed.
If also this is not the Problem, than can you send me the files to web@pano2qtvr.com or upload a ZIP file somewhere and send me the URL? This all sounds very strange to me and I am very curios to find that bug.
MfG, Thomas
smooth

Things to keep in mind.
  • When creating a file name exclude CAPS and Spaces and NON English Characters and Symbols
    If you are writing to a CD you cannot include drive letters
    Either you keep everything in the root directory
    Or you place all items inside a folder called fscommand
I.E: (For CD) index.html (root directory) calls fscommand/movie_1.mov is linked to fscommand/movie_2.mov is linked to fscommand/movie_3.mov then link back to fscommand/movie_1.mov

Regards, Smooth 8)
evamedusa

the problem eventually was resolved and it was so simple as the greek explorer 6.0 browser that is faulty. the project works fine using mozila or netscape. something that simple that I could not think about. thank you smooth and thomas for your prompt answers. I am still healthy ( no stroke at last)!