Anyone used freepv ?

Q&A about the latest release Version
andrew222

Hi,

I previously asked a question in the Flash forum about protecting Flash or quicktime panoramas. Thomas mentioned that there was a way to get the cube tiles.

btw: The same goes for QuickTime. If you go in Firefox to "save page" you will find the QTVR on your disk and with the JPEG extractor from the freepv project you will have the cube tiles.

I tried using this program but there was no JPEG extractor to use? The viewer was really good though as I just did a drag and job with the QT file. I now want to use this method to open all my old QT pano's and use the tiles for the newer Flash viewer that I'll be using on my site.

Anyone managed to do it?

Looking forward to any replies

Andrew
smooth

Andrew,

Grab a copy of qmov2jpg.exe or Immervision Pure Tools both extract .jpg images from Quicktime movies.

Regards, Smooth 8)
andrew222

Thanks for that Smooth,

I downloaded the free qmov2jpg.exe and then drag and dropped my .mov in it.

It filled my C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew folder with 107 images! Half are 32 X 32 and the other half is 251 X 251. It will be like putting a massive jigsaw puzzle back together.

Do you know if the US$34.95 Immervision Pure Tools does the same or produces an easier 6 images?

Replacing my Quicktime format panos on my site with the new Flash viewer, my current option to do this would be to go through all my original saved tif files, re add the logo using pteditor and then make a new flash pano

Bummer :(

Andrew
andrew222

You know what, sod it.

I'm going to go with flash AND quicktime. I've spent that much time messing around with the new Flash 8 viewer and trying ways to prompt people to upgrade from 6 & 7, I reckon having the Quicktime there will actually help me out. :lol:

I'll keep hold of the qmov2jpg.exe though so thanks for that.

Andrew
smooth

Andrew,

In my experience I can extract 6 cube faces using both programs. I have never seen what you experienced. Please send me the QT movie you had the issue with so I may try for you.

BTW, The $34.95 for Immervision Pure Tools is well worth it IMHO.
Their Java is one of the best.

Regards, Smooth 8)