"out of memory error (RAM)" in CS2

Q&A about the latest release Version
colchagua007

Dear All,

I have just joined this group, though I have been creating panoramas for a while. I have been using Panocube up to now and decided to try out Pano2QTVR.
I created a set of HDR photos in CS2, to use in a 6000x3000pxls, 16 bits, panorama using the latest Ptgui program. After creation the file size was about 137mb in size.
I opnened this file in CS2 to check for blemishes, then I launched Pano2 to create 6 independent tiles to allow me to touch up the Zenith and the Nadir.
Once the touching up was done, I reconverted the cubic tiles into an Equirectangular pano the resultant file was 59994 x 2997pxls, 16bits, 138mb in size.
I launched CS2 once again to put the last adjustments like sharpening and a bit of coulor, but as I tried to open the pano CS2 came up with the following error:" Could not open file Out of Memory Error (RAM)".
Using CS2 has never shown this error before even when I done 10000x5000 panos and retouched the Zenith and Nadir using Panocube. Also CS2 has been able to open panoramas which are 250mb in size without memory problems.
To test Pano2 and to make sure I was not doing anything wrong with the program I done a quick panorama using the same set of pictures, same size, but this time in 8bits, the panorama was 62mb in size.
CS2 opened the resultant cubic/Equirectangular pano without any problems.
Does this mean that Pano2 can't handle 16bits images?, having said that Dave from 360Texas.com very kindly, was following the steps with myself and he could not understand why I could not open that pano in CS2.
Any help will be most helpful as I am trying to create this pano in time for the WWpano.

kind regards,

Rodrigo
360Texas

I think the issue has now cleared.

Let Windows XP manage your ram allocation automatically. Rodrigo had manually set it to a fixed value.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
colchagua007

Dear All,

The issue has been resolved. I left Windows system to manage the memory automatically. My setting was set on manual. I also manually increased the memory allocation in CS2. It worked a treat.

Kind regards,

Rodrigo