Specify Zoom Location

Q&A about the latest release Version
algae737

In an Object Movie, is it possible to specify a point (other than the center of a given image) toward which the zoom-ing will take place?

Thanks much
thomas
Chief Gnome

Not with Pano2QTVR but you have this option in the new Object2VR.
MfG, Thomas
algae737

Thank you, Thomas...but, I should have been more specific in my question. Can you specify a zoom point for an Object Movie that consists of only one row of images?

I did, by the way, pick up Object2VR as well...second question...how do I specify hotspots in Object2VR? I don't see that functionality.

Thanks again.
thomas
Chief Gnome

algae737 wrote:Thank you, Thomas...but, I should have been more specific in my question. Can you specify a zoom point for an Object Movie that consists of only one row of images?
Ok, now I don't understand what you mean....
I did, by the way, pick up Object2VR as well...second question...how do I specify hotspots in Object2VR? I don't see that functionality.
This will come with the next beta version.
MfG, Thomas
algae737

I had assembled an object movie, and was initially wondering if it was possible to have the zoom feature actually "zoom" in on a portion of the image other than that in the center of the image being viewed...say, for instance, it would zoom in to a detail near the top or bottom of the image. But, I've decided this cannot be done with a single row of horizontal images.

I realize this would typically be accomplished by using multiple rows, and providing a vertical "depth" to the movie. Unfortunately, I'm making object movies of rather large objects...houses, trains, automobiles, etc. These do not allow me to take pictures above and below the object, nor work from a turntable. So, I'm restricted to taking a single row of horizontal perimeter pictures, and assembling these into an object movie. And, I'll have to provide detail images by using 'hotspots'...which leads to another problem...I'm searching for the ability to produce a QTVR object movie with hotspots that bring up still images "within the same window"...be it flash or QT...rather than pop-up or open a browser page, etc. I need my movie to be portable and self-contained.

Thanks
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ahhh..... now I understand. Currently this is not possible but Object2VR will have such a feature for Flash with one of the next betas.
MfG, Thomas
jotec

algae737 wrote:.I'm searching for the ability to produce a QTVR object movie with hotspots that bring up still images "within the same window"...be it flash or QT...rather than pop-up or open a browser page, etc. I need my movie to be portable and self-contained.

Thanks
Hi, If I understand what you want then it is possible.
If you drop the image on the skin then set it to a position larger than the skin size you can use a button with the "toggle element' position set to a value that will bring it back into the viewer.

E.g
Skin size 500, 300
image position 0, 310
Toggle element position --- offset /-210

Clicking the button will raise the top of the image to a position 100 down from the top of the page.
Clicking the button again will mean the image drops out of the viewer.

If you use a view full screen button then make sure the image is well off the viewer or it will show on full screen.

Hope this helps

Dick