commandline parameters for droplet

Q&A about the latest release Version
ftrippie

Hi Thomas,

I have 2 questions:

I would like to know how to add a config file with <filename>.cfg in a droplet template (which would be the same as a batch file of course).

My main reason for this would be to add a different description for every pano. By naming the config file like <filename>.cfg when the tif origin is called <filename>.tif, I can put all tifs and cfg in one directory and drop them all on the droplet. I have tried -c $f and -c $n and -c $f.cfg but they don't work.
(of course I could write a batch file per pano and just run it from each directory with the config file named to pano2qtvr.cfg, but there must be a quicker way no?)

2. within the same batch command line, how can I create multiple html outputs in one go; like: $f-deval.html, $f-quicktime.html, $f-flash.html

Cheers,
FTrippie
ftrippie

I am still interested if somebody knows the answers to previous asked questions.

Especially the second; how to create multiple html files per batch:
- mov with quicktime html
- mov with deval html (do I have to recreate the mov, bad no?)
- swf with flash html
- jpg with ptviewer hmtl

I could run it 4 times in a batch just for the html output, but I might be overlooking something and it might be possible in one go?

Cheers,
FTrippie
thomas
Chief Gnome

You can write you own batch file to do this. Pano2QTVR ins only able to process on HTML/QTVR/FLASH... file per image each time but its easy to call pano2qtvr several times. The batchfile can look like this:

Code: Select all

@echo off
:loop
echo.
"C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\Pano2QTVR.exe" -c "c:\qtvr_small.pqp" %1 -ac -e -o $f_small.mov -h --html $_small_qtvr.html
"C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\Pano2QTVR.exe" -c "c:\qtvr_large.pqp" %1 -ac -e -o $f_large.mov -h --html $_large_qtvr.html
"C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\Pano2QTVR.exe" -c "c:\qtvr_deval_l.pqp" %1 -h --html $_small_deval.html
"C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\Pano2QTVR.exe" -c "c:\qtvr_deval_s.pqp" %1 -h --html $_large_deval.html
shift
if "%1"=="" goto end
goto loop
:end
echo.
echo ***** Done! *********
pause
MfG, Thomas
ftrippie

I had something similar in a batchfile, I figured I should run it multiple times. But as you can see in the my other message (in the Pano2QTVR 1.5.0 beta 9 released topic, sorry for cross posting), I had problems creating the flash html file.
But I see you use a different string, I will have a go at that.

And what I also see is that you don't necessarily have to recreate the MOV for Deval again, that's very useful to know as well.

Thanks so far!

Cheers,
FTrippie
ftrippie

Ai, what a shame, I thought I was almost there, but no.

It basically works, apart from the problem with replacing the $f in the flash html template.

I had to adjust your lines a little bit because you forgot an 'f' in the last $_small_qtvr.html as well AND the format for the flash output seems to be different (or at least I think so....)

I have got now (using your example):
"C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\Pano2QTVR.exe" -c "c:\qtvr_flash.pqp" %1 -ac -e -y --swf $f.swf -h --html $f-flashout.html

"C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\Pano2QTVR.exe" -c "c:\qtvr_qt.pqp" %1 -h --html $f-qtout.html

With the qtvr_flash.pqp and the qtvr_qt.pqp having $f in the places of the filenames. The nice thing is that the 1st line creates both the flash SWF and the qt MOV files. No problem. The second line only needs to create the QT html output file, which works perfect as well.
The only problem is that the first line is supposed to create the flash HTML output file as well with replacing the $f in the flash html template by the real filename, but it doesn't. So, in the flash html output file, it still mentions the placeholder $f ... Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
Ludolf
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ok, you are right. This is a bug I will fix this with the next version.
MfG, Thomas
ftrippie

Brilliant! Thanks a lot!