German Panorama Training DVD covers also Pano2QTVR

Q&A about the latest release Version
thomas
Chief Gnome

The first German Panorama Training DVD with spoken text covers the full panorama creation process with several panorama programs including Pano2QTVR. More information can be found at: video2brain and addison-wesley. The DVD can be ordered at amazon.de
Last edited by thomas on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MfG, Thomas
markditton

I know most German people are famously bi-lingual (or tri-lingual!) - how about an English language sountrack..!?

Im a registered user struggling learning the panorama creation process and this product [esp hotspotting!] from scratch - and the lack of a complete product-manual (or even help-file!) really is'nt helping - hint-hint...! So at least a english version of the DVD would be _very_ usefull...!

thanks!
Mark
thomas
Chief Gnome

Have you seen the new Flash and Hotspot tutorial at http://www.pano2qtvr.com/tutorial.php ? I hope they will get much more in the near future.

I will also forward your request to Thomas Bredenfeld (the author of the DVD). It may also help if you send your request directly to the production company so that they can see that there is a demand for it.
MfG, Thomas
Brian

Thomas,
We have been in email communication on the apparent difference in the way v6.2 creates its panos as detected by my Flash code which might be due to different use of _root in your code for the pano swf. (I do use ._lockroot to avoid misdirected references to the timelines) or possibly an API difference.

Anyway, another difference is (of course) in hotspots since they can now be specified in pano2qtvr for Flash output. But how do I get the hotspots themselves to show in the rendering, I only seem to have popup names with invisible spots. v6.2 seems to create associated .png files with pale yellow spots and nothing seems to appear in the fianl pano except the popup name.

Also, I can see how you specify a url, and a QT movie to link to (as per the tutorial and obviously in the pano2qtvr gui) , but how do I specify a link to another pano .swf as opposed to an http or .mov?

I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere but I don't see it in your thoughtful tutorial, or in this forum.

Finally - the "traditional" flash hotspots as created in v5.2 using your method as shown in the demo of the PARK virtual tour again behave a little differently when they are applied to a v6.2 pano - they seem to render BEFORE the pano somethimes (in my code at least) and sometimes in a different place before they move to the right place once the pano itself loads and renders. I have tried to move the related hotspot code - ie in setupPanorama and onLoadInit in the PARK code - but all I can make happen is to lose the hotspots altogether.

This isn't hyper urgent, it probably says more about my ability than any uinintended effect in your code, but maybe you could enlighten me? :-))

meanwhile thanks for your always helpful and timely responses and of course a great product,

Best regards,

Brian
Brian

Thomas,
We have been in email communication on the apparent difference in the way v6.2 creates its panos as detected by my Flash code which might be due to different use of _root in your code for the pano swf. (I do use ._lockroot to avoid misdirected references to the timelines) or possibly an API difference.

Anyway, another difference is (of course) in hotspots since they can now be specified in pano2qtvr for Flash output. But how do I get the hotspots themselves to show in the rendering, I only seem to have popup names with invisible spots. v6.2 seems to create associated .png files with pale yellow spots and nothing seems to appear in the fianl pano except the popup name.

Also, I can see how you specify a url, and a QT movie to link to (as per the tutorial and obviously in the pano2qtvr gui) , but how do I specify a link to another pano .swf as opposed to an http or .mov?

I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere but I don't see it in your thoughtful tutorial, or in this forum.

Finally - the "traditional" flash hotspots as created in v5.2 using your method as shown in the demo of the PARK virtual tour again behave a little differently when they are applied to a v6.2 pano - they seem to render BEFORE the pano somethimes (in my code at least) and sometimes in a different place before they move to the right place once the pano itself loads and renders. I have tried to move the related hotspot code - ie in setupPanorama and onLoadInit in the PARK code - but all I can make happen is to lose the hotspots altogether.

This isn't hyper urgent, it probably says more about my ability than any uinintended effect in your code, but maybe you could enlighten me? :-))

meanwhile thanks for your always helpful and timely responses and of course a great product,

Best regards,

Brian
vrdrive

i will definately buy it if the dvd will release english version...english sub title version will be fine with me too...
cheers