Removing Pano2VR SWF from Parent SWF

Using Pano2VR/Object2VR SWF files with your own Flash projects
richalot

I'm importing my pano into another SWF (Flash 8, AS2), however, once it is loaded it cannot be removed. It appears that the loaded pano SWF is actually creating a new movie clip and placing it at the root layer (or up a level) rather than as a child. Unfortunately, this essentially leaves a permanent 360 on the screen. Is there a way to make the pano SWF entirely self-contained and not reference _root or its parent elements?
Noisy

can we see your code?
richalot

I believe we've traced the problem down to the _lockroot. We need to be able to dynamically create a movie clip for the pano (or parent the movie clip) in order to make them appear within thumbs or a zoom panel. With the root locked, then we have no ability to do so. Do you provide source? Can we comment out the _lockroot line somehow so that references to _root are internally once again?
richalot

In terms of code sample, we have several layers of clips in different places but at the end of the day, we are loading external assets using a loader with the loadClip function. These pano swfs are successfully loaded but they are not placed within the loading clip but instead at the origin, top left, directly on the root.