Wave distortion at look pano.swf from Flash - one more time

Using Pano2VR/Object2VR SWF files with your own Flash projects
adamo

Hi,

firstly, sorry for my english :)

I'll try again to describe my problem and add better attachments.

I have a problem, when I use Adobe Flash (CS4) and ActionScript 3 to import finished .swf with my pano.

I make pano.swf in Pano2VR 2.3.2 (with option flash 9/10) and all is ok. Straight edges are still straight.
Next I load my pano in Flash using function from Pano2VR API - in Flash I make skin and add hotspots.

Ending - my pano look unlike alone and unlike from Flash. I get distortion like wave.
Straight edges are wavy.

Here are screen shots and files.
(You can download "wave_test_oryg.swf" <- this is pano and "Test_adding_hotspot-2.swf" <- this is skin and Flash overlay importing pano)

Anyone knows a solution?
na_forum.jpg
na_forum.jpg (369.4 KiB) Viewed 5905 times
Attachments
wave_test_oryg.swf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 5376 times
Test_adding_hotspot-2.swf
(18.23 KiB) Downloaded 5376 times
Hopki
Gnome

On my computer, Windows Vista 32 bit with HD Radeon 4890 Graphics, I some distortion but not as much as you show in the pictures.

Have you tried just adding the pano without your skin and hotspots, is it the same?
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

This happens because you are using Flash 9 with the Flash9 rendering.
If you use Flash 10 + and sets the line vr.isFlash10=false; in the API to "true" it will work without distortions.
BTW Cool Pano :D
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
adamo

Hopki, as usual you're right :)
jedimasta

Are there any other solutions to this problem? Unfortunately, at this time, we're forced by our client to stay with Flash 9. Is there anything I can do (maybe use an old version of Pano2VR) to avoid the waviness? We're using the software for product demonstrations and the waviness is unacceptable.
360Texas

Not exactly sure 'why' your client requires the out of date Flash viewer Version 9. Version 10 has been in use for almost a year now.

Try using a PC notebook with Flash viewer version 10 or current version and show them the improvement difference.

Using Pano2vr 3.0b actually has removed the Flash Version 8/9 option. I guess it creates the panorama using Flash Viewer current version.. what ever that might be at the time.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
jedimasta

360Texas wrote:Not exactly sure 'why' your client requires the out of date Flash viewer Version 9. Version 10 has been in use for almost a year now.
I don't disagree, but I don't have any control either. It has something to do with the penetration rate of versions according to Adobe. Until v10 reaches a 99 percentile (currently at 97, and yes, I know how absolutely retarded that is) we've been instructed to strictly develop for the older platform. They are an international company and I suspect it involves multiple markets' use of the various flash versions that is driving the decision.
Noisy

360Texas wrote:Not exactly sure 'why' your client requires the out of date Flash viewer Version 9. Version 10 has been in use for almost a year now.
Because that's what clients do, non-negotiable. It really dosn't matter why.

Although the why is ....if the client is a big company/goverment/ local authority the end user dosn't update anything, nothings updated till someone from IT does it, that's money and time they don't need to spend. Might be another three years, might be never.
I'm told ( though I haven't seen the figures myself) 57% of my end users are still on IE6.

And it's normal practice to support at least one full version back anyway.