Where to put p2q_embed_object.js

Using Pano2VR/Object2VR SWF files with your own Flash projects
dpduncan

I've got a 360 pano from Pano2VR as an swf file in an html page. It runs great in the browser when initiated from Pano2VR. I've copied the html text into the page in my web design software that is a link from a thumbnail of the pano. When this runs in preview mode, it shows the page title and the table of description/copyright etc. info, and between those, this text shows:

"p2q_embed_object.js is not included or it is too old! Please copy this file into your html directory."

This is text from the html file that Pano2VR generated. The .js file is called earlier in the html code with this line:

"<script type="text/javascript" src="p2q_embed_object.js">"

I've scattered this p2q_embed_object.js file in every likely-looking directory I can find, but without success. Where is Pano2VR asking me to put it with the "copy this file into your html directory" comment?

I'm sure it's clear that I'm pretty new at this, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don
smooth

Typically the p2q_embed_object.js file goes in the very same directory as the .html page that contains the panorama.
If you don't want it there you can change the address within the .html code from:

<script type="text/javascript" src="p2q_embed_object.js">
to
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.yourwebsite.com/yourfolder/p ... _object.js">

Making sure that the folder where you actually place the p2q_embed_object.js and the code link address match.
The address can be relative or absolute (absolute shown).

Regards, Smooth 8)
dpduncan

Smooth -

Thanks a lot for the help. I figured it out and got the live site up and running. I guess that in addition to photography, Photoshop, Lightroom, Photomatix, PtGui, Pano2VR, accounting and marketing, I'll also need to learn more html to run my small business.

Best regards,

Don
smooth

Don,

You are only scratching the surface! :lol:
Learn a little more each day, never think you have got to the end!

Regards, Smooth 8)