Tour with Map markers non pro

Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have been asked about this a few times now so ill post it in the forum.
Please find a non pro project using node markers in a tour map.

How this works is each pano has a tag, in this case node_01, node_02 etc found in each projects user data.
Then in the skin there are node markers that are set to the tags.
They have a mouse click, open next panorama action as well as cloning normal and active state graphics.
Again in this case two rectangles the active having a red border, these are in a container and set to hidden found top right of the skin.

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
non_pro_tour.zip
(241.88 KiB) Downloaded 964 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
TStephens

Hi Hopki,

First of all I am a complete beginner with Pano2VR, although I have managed to create an Output file with 2 Panoramas and hotspots and view in a Browser ok. I am now trying to create a Map with Node Markers on it.

Working through your Project File I have a couple of questions with reference to the Skin Editor:

1. How do I import my own Map and place Node Markers on it?.

2. The "Markers" in the Menu look nothing like yours - Circles with corner hairs. Do I have to design my own and import?.

While I find the "Tutorial" Videos informative to watch, they do not cover ALL the Skin functions!...Especially ALL the Control Buttons eg View/Hide Map one. Are there any other Tutorials out there that are aimed for beginners.

Tony
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tony,
First of all this project works with Tags.
The tags are found under the user data window in the main project, open Pano2VR then under the User Data click Modify.
In my project you will see the tag node_01 for the first opening panorama, also I refer the panoramas as nodes. Example rather than saying a three panorama tour, I would say a three node tour.
So the second project file or node 2 will have the Tag node_02 and so on.

In my skin You will see a rectangle with the ID Map.
You would remove this and then drop your map/floor plan image in the skin.
When you delete the Map rectangle this will also delete the node markers which I gave the ID's Marker 1 to Marker 3.

Once you have positioned your map in the skin you can add node markers, the node marker tool can be found to the right of the skin tool bar which looks like an upside down water droplet.

Now under the folder with the ID hide_elements are the two graphics I use which are seen on the map. Again these can be two images you make in Photoshop.

When you add a node marker on the map you need to tell it which node to react too. Double click on the node marker and under its properties "Node Marker" enter the node tag, so for the first node would be node_01.
Now under Clone as normal select the element you want to use then do the same agin for Clone as Active.

Do this for all nodes of your tour but making sure you change the Tour Node/Tag:.
Thats should be it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
TStephens

Hi Hopki,

With reference to your email

You mentioned about the User Data Window in the "Main Project". The Project file(non_pro_tour.zip) I downloaded from your original post in the forum, had 3 Separate Pano2VR Project Files called Node_01,Node_02,Node_03. The User Data for all 3 was blank. The ZIP Folder also contained 1 output folder, 1 Skin(with all Node/Markers on etc), DS_Store and the jpeg images.

Many thanks for your assistance, I will try and work through soon.

Tony
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tony,
Regarding the user data, look agin, at the bottom you will find tags.
The Node_01 project file has the tag, node_01, Node_02 project file has the tag node_02 etc.
The DS_Store is a Mac file and can be deleted.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com