P2VR Pro Drop-down Thumbnail Marker template

Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Heres a P2VR Pro marker template to make a quick thumbnail menu.
Included is also a p2vr file to remap your images to make the thumbnails and directories.

1) Copy the p2vr file to your projects folder and drop in all your input images, then click Create All. This will make a folder called thumbnails in the output folder and make a thumbnail for each input image using the input images file name.

2) Add the skin to your project, open the skin and drag in the input images from the tour browser. This will make the thumbnails with the ID's marker_node1, marker_node2 etc, position them in the skin, as an example down the left side. As the thumbnails are being created the file path to the thumbnails directory and the thumbnail images will be automatically set.

Finally the button to fade them in and out is using a change element alpha action and the target is a wild card, #marker_node.*
So will fad in and out any number of thumbnails.

Place the thumbnails 66px above each other so it looks like there is a grey background apart from the active node which will be white.
If placing side by side space them 86px apart.

The markertemplate anchoring is set to top left, so if your going to have them run along the bottom of the window set the anchor BEFORE you start dragging in the images from the tour browser, this will save having to go in and set the anchor later. As using rectangles you can custom the colours etc.
Have fun,
Hopki
Attachments
thumbnail.zip
(3.51 KiB) Downloaded 2135 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Rajah

Hi Martin,

Sorry I keep you so busy these days, but I have a much to learn with my new PRO toy!

Your thumbmenu is awesome! It's just like a magic box!
B.t.w. your dropdown menu too!
I only can write this with exclamation marks after each sentence!

Ok, just two questions.

1. The thumbs are generated without text labels?
If I open a panorama then only one text is used above the pano, so that text does not change.
No text labels with the thumbs?

2. The following sentence, I don't understand:
...so it looks like there is a grey background apart from the active node which will be white.

http://www.360360360.nl/thumbs(very basic)

TIA Martin!

Frans
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frans,
Unfortunately the title in the HTML page is taken from the first panos user data title.
The thing to do is when your ready to upload just open the HTML page with a text editor then after the </head> and <body> tages you will see the <h1> tags. Just type in the page title here.
Example:
<h1>House Tour</h1>

Or just use the fullscreen option.

The thumbs are a bit small to have labels however you can add a label at the top of the thumbnails or wherever and all you need to do as add one action to the markertemplate.

Activate => Set Text => Text: $ut => Target text box

This will write the user data title to the text box.

If you decide to add the text box to the thumbnails add a toggle Alfa action to the thumbnails button to show and hide the text box with the thumbnails.

2. The following sentence, I don't understand:
The last bit of text meant that as the thumbnails will be close together it will look like that they are in a solid grey background, but in fact thats not the case as each one has its own small border around it.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
KARNIGS

I have done Step 1 creating the thumbnails.

I don't understand Step 2:
2) Add the skin to your project, open the skin and drag in the input images from the tour browser. This will make the thumbnails with the ID's marker_node1, marker_node2 etc, position them in the skin, as an example down the left side. As the thumbnails are being created the file path to the thumbnails directory and the thumbnail images will be automatically set.

Add to which portion of the skin: Tree or Editor?
If Tree, which item: thumbnails_background or thumbnails or markertemplate?

Thanks
KARNIGS

i got step 2 sorted already.

I want the thumbnails to be visible straightaway when the tour is launched. So I remove the toggle menu button.
But when I add each node to the skin, default alpha is 0. can I make default alpha as 1 otherwise I have to change the alpha node by node.

As I have average 8~12 panos in a tour, need to change the thumbnails size to 60x40.
I can change the thumbnail size via Remap output.
But when I add each node to the skin, thumbnail size under the marker_node is default to 80x60, meaning I got to change the size to 60x40 node by node. can I make default size to 60x40?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
You can make the changes to the markertemplate.
Then all newly added markers will have the new settings.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com