Making "continuous viewer mode" more clear for user

kia_faraji

Hi everyone,
I have some experience watching people working with both "drag mode" and "continuous mode"; even if it's someone's first time to see a 360 photo, behavior of "drag mode" is easy enough to understand, very good. But about "continuous mode", even when I worked with it for the first time, it did took some time to understand its behavior, although I fell in love with this mode later :D and find it way more professional than the "drag mode" where you have to keep lifting up your finger and drag and drag and drag.

So I have a simple idea for when on "continuous mode":
- a circle for example, appears at the point you touch/click down,
- an arrow for example , that points from the initial touch/click point towards the current position of your finger/mouse
- also a rubber band effect would complete the beauty.
88F95BCB-E05F-435F-A423-2E10DBD7A2D1.jpeg
88F95BCB-E05F-435F-A423-2E10DBD7A2D1.jpeg (184.39 KiB) Viewed 7295 times
The idea is simple and may already be possible with some Java which I don't know, but let it also be a future request, to do it without coding knowledge.

Kia,
kia_faraji

I think maybe the only reason people don't get along with continuous mode at first, is that they are not aware that the initial touch point is actually the reference for controlling it, even I myself at first was like... oh what a confusing mode! How do I go back to drag mode?! But if something like a small circle appeared at the initial touch point and stayed there as I move my finger, it could immediately give me a clue to understand and enjoy it at the first encounter!

Maybe if some options are added to modifiers section of a skin element, we could simply do this in the same layer as the skin with little resource usage.