Desktop Application Tip

Q&A about the latest versions
Hopki
Gnome

For those that have not subscribed to our Blog page yet our latest Tip is how to make Desktop Applications to open HTML5 content.
You will be relieved to know the application opens the HTML5 content without the problems of local security.
Features such as edge to edge fullscreen work making this a good solution for Kiosks.

There are two videos showing how to do this for Windows and Mac OS X but there are also files for Linux that can be downloaded from the NW.js website.

It is also possible if you use Windows to download the Mac OS X files and build working Mac app and visa versa so you can make CD’s or downloads with both platforms.
Hope you find this a useful tip.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Vistaramic

The desktop player is a fantastic app!

I'm having a little problem. It appears to work only some of the time. About half the time, without making any program changes, the upper left corner of the pano is centered on a black screen (showing only the upper left quadrant of the pano itself in the lower right of the computer screen).

Any ideas on what to tweak would be appreciated.

I'm running on a 64MAC.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Vistaramic,
Does your pano open ok when published from Pano2VR?
So if you open the App/EXE and go to the panoramas folder opening the HTML page with Firefox should open it ok, does it?
Does need to be Firefox as this is the only browser I know that does not have the local xml file restrictions.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/