Multiple Cameras

Q&A about the latest versions
DJAurand

I'm talking to a fashion photographer about helping him make spinning models wearing a designer's clothes for their website.

I'd like to do do 2 rows of shots and think it would be best to shoot both rows at the same time so the cameras are capturing exactly the same pose/position.

The question I have is whether the cameras have to be identical for Object2VR to be able to use both rows of shots?

I have a Canon 70D and a T3

Thanx
Doug Aurand
Doug Aurand
Albuquerque, NM
PhotoSpherix

they do not HAVE to be, but you will find that to make the images similar enough to not have a noticeable change in color, lighting and curves they will need to be. On top of just the same camera, you will want the exact same lens, and the exact same setting in your camera. Not just f stop and aperture, but color balance, curves, trigger timing, compression, and image size. I have a feeling some would even say the exact same firmware. I have never tested it out that far, but think of it as multiple video feeds that you want to splice together and you will see why they need to be so similar.

Remember this is just my views from my own experience.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
DJAurand

PhotoSpherix
I understand there will be photographic challenges such as lighting, what I wanted to know is will the Object2VR software accept different size images from different cameras when making one 360 image

I had assumed we'd take a set of photos from both cameras simultaneously, compare them in studio, then adjust the camera settings to get them to match better, then shoot again using a motorized turntable, repeating as needed
Doug Aurand
Albuquerque, NM
PhotoSpherix

They will need to be the same size when they come into object2vr, but that is easy to do as you can run an action through photoshop to crop and resize. But with the cost of bodies, you might find it is just much easier to have 2 that are identical.

As far as I know, you can not set different crops in the image manipulator in object2vr on a row to row basis.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
DJAurand

If I was going to buy another camera, matching one that I already have, would mean a $900 Canon 70D

That's not in my current budget

Thanks for the help
Doug Aurand
Albuquerque, NM