aspect ratio

Q&A about the latest versions
mihai bodea

Hello.

I just got Object2VR to use for html5 multiresolution gigapixel flat panoramas. No need to say it would have been better to just keep using Pano2VR, except the flat panoramas can only be exported as flash. I wonder why, but that is another issue.

I discovered that I can use Object2VR as a photo gallery also, the only problem being that the images not having the same aspect ratio are getting cropped in a random manner. I simply would like to load images on screen at full resolution zoomed at a certain level (fit, 1:1, etc), without loosing any part of it. Is there any way to control this?

Another aspect that still bothers me is the inability to load a pop-up frame having covering a percentage of the screen instead of the fixed pixel size. Is there any way to work around this?

Lately I found that simple virtual tours or product shots are no longer enough. People ask for more complex presentations that feature videos, photos, graphics, sound, etc, all in linked in an inventive manner. I chose Garden Gnome products because I can publish content myself without much coding abilities. Yet these products are not keeping the pace with the diversity of content and user expectations. Please improve your software, Garden Gnome.

Thank you.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi mihai bodea,
We are currently working on Pano2VR version 5.x.
This will have many new features and flat image support in HTML5 will be one of them.
I quite often post the link to our feature request/bug tracker.

Click the road map and select Project: Pano2VR.
You will then see things like feature request for Issue #078 and Issue #433.

To use Object2VR as a gallery you need to set the window size to the size it should be displayed and set Image Scaling to None.
Use the fullscreen option in the HTML page.

In in the Object2VR/Pano2VR project that will display the gallery set a text box the size of the window, then in the iframe code also set the same size. This will then display the embedded Object2VR gallery as required.

Both Object2VR and Pano2VR can have video popups and sounds, do you have anything that specific?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
mihai bodea

Hello Hopki.
Thank you for answering.
I feel relief as there is hope to spend some more cash on the Pano2VR update in order to access the much needed features.

Regarding the tips you gave me there is still something awkward about the gallery. The images are not properly displayed. Please have a look at project. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7fjf ... authuser=0
I also edited the xml file to allow zoom out wider than value 1.
Best,

Mihai
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mihai,
Im reading through your post again as your project has a window size of 2000 x 2000 which is quite large.
I thought you meant a pop up gallery in a panorama or object, but I guess you mean a gallery for your website.

All input images need to be the same size as you would with an object.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
mihai bodea

I hoped I could use Object2VR to create zoom-in galleries of high res images. 2000x2000 is actually very small. Think about gigapixel art reproductions.
All images in gallery could have hotspots, text boxes and would allow you to browse through content and link different type of media. This might be a way to publish media content in an integrated manner. From there on I would only think about adding keyword and location based search.
Your software would make a splendid publishing solution.

Still, is there a possibility to adapt Object2VR to create those photo galleries? I have no need for the object photography this software was made for and I just bought for the flat gigapixel html5 panorama.

Regards,
Mihai
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mihai,
Yes Object2VR can display a single image and make it multi resolution for deep zoom.
The problem comes when you have different size input images.
I can only suggest publishing each Object with its own HTML page with its window set for its required size.
Centre the object in the page by adding this line:

Code: Select all

<div align="centre">
above this line:

Code: Select all

<div id="container" style="width:640px;height:480px;">
in the HTML page.

Then you can add button to Go To URL for the next Objects HTML page with target _self.
This could then load each HTML page in an iFrame and of course each HTML page has it sown sized object.

Hope this makes sense.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
mihai bodea

ok.
Thank you for your help.
Please take into consideration my perspective over the things your software could provide.

Regards,
Mihai
Hopki
Gnome

HI Mihai,
As said I sure when V5 hits it will tick all the boxes.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com