Question about visibility

Q&A about the latest versions
tmansf455

Hello everyone! I have gone through the forums in both the CMS Plugins and the Object2VR looking to see if there are similar issues out there to what I have been facing. I have created a lot of 360 shots of trucks for a client of mine. Have installed the plugin on the WordPress site to upload them and then place them in their correct sections.

The pictures only load while viewing them in Google Chrome on most systems. I have tested it on 3 different computers now. One is a Windows 7, another is running Windows 8 and the third is running on Windows XP. They load on all three systems while viewing it on Chrome. The Windows XP system will load it while viewing it on any of the browsers. The Windows 7 and 8 computers will not view the file on Firefox or IE. To throw another odd ball into the fire, there are 4 files that will load on all browsers that are being hosted on the site. I have not done anything differently in the output or upload, but these will load across the board while nothing else will. The only thing different is that they do not have the zoom featured enabled.

I've uploaded one of the test packages that are provided here and tried that on all the different browsers and it will not load on any of them, even Chrome. It gives the warning of the "Most have flash installed..." I'm stumped. I'm thinking it may be better to just do the regular file output instead of the ggpkg. Or is there an issue with the ggpkg file that I'm not setting up properly?

Sorry for the long post! Thanks for taking the time to read it over.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Whats your WordPress version?
Whats is your plugin version?
And what version of Object2VR are you using?
Can you upload one of your ggpkgs?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
tmansf455

Thanks for the response, as soon as I get back to my desk I will give you the information you're asking.
tmansf455

Sorry for the delay in response, yesterday got away from me.

Whats your WordPress version? --- 3.9.2
Whats is your plugin version? --- 1.2.1
And what version of Object2VR are you using? --- 3.0 Revision 10616/4.8.3
Can you upload one of your ggpkgs? --- attached
Attachments
Red Volvo.ggpkg
(7.08 MiB) Downloaded 335 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I am currently on WordPress 4.0.
Everything else looks ok.
Uploaded your ggpkg and it displays ok?
It is possible it may be another plugin causing the problem. This said was it working and stopped or it has never worked?
Did you update or install a plugin and it stopped?
My test PW site is a clean build and only has the plugins that came with it.

Looking at your project I would of made it multi resolution to speed up loading and would not use a skin that expands as theses are not good for touch screens.
Also the scroll direction is wrong which can be changed in the viewing parameters.
All minor things but the important thing is it is working.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
tmansf455

They were working at one point and then stopped. I may go through and try to find out if it was something I had changed. No other plugins have been installed after I had started to use the ggpkg plugin. This was a last addition to the site after everything else was up and running. I had uploaded some files after creating them in the garden gnome software, they were working and then after a bit stopped. I have even gone through and recreated/reuploaded them after I had noticed them not working.

I am going to work on some things and do a little trial and error to see what may be the problem. May even setup a clean WP build and test it on there too.

Thanks for the help so far. Good to know it's working elsewhere. Now I just need to figure out what I had done.
tmansf455

I have done a test on uploading one of my current packages to a normal page, not sure why I didn't try it out before. It works on a normal page but not on the pages I have them setup on. I'm using Woocommerce to sort and display the trucks that he sells. I am not using Woocommerce for the e-commerce functionality but only for the sorting feature. For some reason, the product page is not loading up the ggpkg file when it is in the description anymore. I need to go through and find out why that is.

Just wanted to fill anyone in who may be reading this. I will update as best I can if/when I get this fixed so if anyone in the future has a similar issue, hopefully this thread will help.
360Texas

URL link please so we too may look at your issues

Side notes:
Your Woocommerce appears to be a template site that may closely holds their .css files which complicates incorporation of panoramas contents. Meaning their .css files are only called from their URL and not maintained on you clientsr server. Which means .css files can not be modified locally on your or their computer. I experienced this issue when working with a client who was using a P7 template. Only a thought about your issue.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
tmansf455

Here is a link to a product on the test build. Link

As I said, while I'm viewing it on Chrome, it works just fine here. It also loads on my phone (android). Firefox and IE don't want to load it. But when I load the page on the older computer, which I thought wouldn't be able to view any of this, it loads just fine on all browsers.

Woocommerce has a huge editable functionality to it in regards to it's .css and I have changed/added a lot of things to this site already. Not sure how a .css file would cause it to load differently on different browsers. It is an interesting thought though.
Last edited by tmansf455 on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmansf455

I just had the images load up on IE without changing a thing. I flipped through a lot of the products and they were all going. I tried it in Firefox and nothing changed, nothing was loading. So I went back to IE and then it stopped loading any.

I'm confused.

*Edit Addition* A thought I've had is maybe a load time issue. Could it be taking too long to load the object and so the server is halting it?
tmansf455

So I'm doing something wrong I guess. I'm trying to go about this without using the plugin package and just uploading it by HTML and I keep getting the visibility error message "This content requires HTML5...." on all browsers no matter where I upload the file.

I've pointed the src codes to the proper folders (I think) and have uploaded the output files to the server and it still won't show up.

Is there any walk through that I may have missed that gives me a detailed explanation of how and where to upload the files and what to change in order for these to be visible? I may be missing a simple step but just can't figure it out for some reason.

I really like this program and want it to work!

Thanks
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (11.07 KiB) Viewed 9322 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you don't want to use the ggpkg then look at PanoPress.
Th eight seems very heavy in size as it takes a while to load just the images let alone the object.
Remake the object using multi resolution. This may help reduce the file size.
Also your URL seems a little odd: http://67.184.67.80/hwtc/product/2007-hino-338/
Maybe issues with your hosting?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
tmansf455

I will take a look at this and take your suggestion of multi res into consideration, thank you!

The hosting is on my own home server that is just used for building and viewing, that's why it looks funny. It is not a live site yet so it hasn't been moved to an actual hosting server.
tmansf455

Hopki, thank you so much! The panopress did help and is now letting the images load on all browsers while on the product pages!

This is very good news.

Thanks again!
aelsharawi

any updates on best showing the 360 on woocomerce, I cant show it on woo glalary but shortcode works on product description