Newbie looking for advice:Cheat 6 shot to look like 12?

Q&A about the latest versions
kasenyee

Hey Folks

I'm new at this object vr business and I'm looking for some advice on what I think is a very basic question:

If I understand it correctly, the ideal number of shots is 36 at 10 degree increments, but Is there a way to cheat 6 shot rotation to look like 12?

What we are doing is building a bullet rig, and capturing dancers in motion. We've done it before with 48 cameras and I've stitched them into a VR, but our new client doesn't have a budget for that kind of shoot. Do VR Objects operate the same way as panoramas? where even though I only take 6 shots, I can smoothly transition and move between?

Thanks all
PhotoSpherix

No they don't. The only option that you have is to create a TWEEN image. Load image 1 in photoshop and put image 2 on top of it with an alpha of about 50%. This will give you a 50/50 layer.

Another option that does exist is in Final Cut. I can not think of the name of the function, but it has to do with stretching a video for slow motion. It adds frames to the footage. I played with it a little and quickly decided that it was much better to have all the frames that I wanted, instead of trying to fake the additional frames.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
kasenyee

Hey thanks of your help

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it looks kind of weird.
http://alexanderpomnikow.com/test/objec ... ation.html

All you do is paste image 2 over image 1, and bring the opacity (of image 2) to 50% right?

cheers!
PhotoSpherix

no that is correct. that is the only way that I know of to tween the images. the only other part that would ge great would be a way for OBJECT2VR to never Stop on those frames. That way it is only the rotation that shows the tween images and it stops on great stills.

Other than not a lot of frames that is a great start. Good Job
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This feature is in the bug tracker, Issue #214
Not sure when it will make it in, but it is on the to do list at least.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
kasenyee

Cheers thanks for the response guys

We have 48 frame sin total, but our client doesn't have the necessary budget to do this properly, so we are trying to figure out what the minimum amount of frames is that we can get away with.

Much appreciated as always!
thanks folks
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
How many images should you use?
This depends on what it is your customer wants to see.
I take it your taking quite high resolution images to start with so you can replace the quantity of images by offering higher resolution when zooming.

Example with 6 shots around and using multi resolution you can offer your customer an all round view with deep zoom.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/