menubar=no, toolbar=no, location=no, etc

Q&A about the latest versions
donelson

When linking from hotspots, is it possible to open pages with:
menubar=no, toolbar=no, location=no, status=no, etc ?
Hopki
Gnome

Have a look at this tip
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
donelson

Your tip is a bit confusing, Hopki. Personally, I dislike indirect answers which require downloads and lots of unneeded complexity.

What is a <?gff> tag? Is it required? Where does this Template go in my directory structure? If I only use HTML5 and Javascript, do I need the Flash stuff?

Are you saying I can use Javascript in the GoToURL field for my hotspots?

Where does that Javascript live?
index.html or skin.js ? Is this overwritten when you compile the project?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I'm sorry you disliked my answer although all I did was direct you to a tip!
The tip starts off assuming you have read the user guides and know what a temple is.

Please see this link, it talks about templates, in fact the tip also directs you to this link, "Also See" at the bottom of the page.

Download the template and move it to you Flash HTML templates directory.
To find the Templates folder on your system, open Object2VR and under Settings/Preferences click on the Files tab, you will then see the location of the templates folder, in fact if you right button click in the file path it should take you there.

This is an old Flash only project and the tip does talk about SWF files indicating its a Flash project, so no good if you want HTML5. However Im sure it can be adapted for HTML5.

How to use,
Produce a flash output, select the new template in the HTML tab then in the skin add a button with the Go To URL action setting the HTML page or web link you want to open and set the parameters you want to select. To make it even easier just copy and paste the string from the tip.

Thats it.

The attached project has a rectangle bottom right of the skin that opens the popup, this is working but if you re publish it out you will need to download the ggt template and add it to your Flash template folder as you will overwrite it.

Please remember I'm only trying to help.
Hopki
Attachments
popup.zip
(190.89 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
donelson

If I only use HTML5 and Javascript, do I need the Flash stuff?
Again, I don't use Flash.
Hopki
Gnome

Ok best I could find is a bit of code that goes in a text box.
Don't use the background or border and you will end up with the text "Popup link".

Code: Select all

<a href="http://support.ggno.me/r1" target="page" onClick="window.open('','page','toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=510,height=730,left=50,top=50,titlebar=no')">Popup link</a>
Replace URL and size.

There must be a way to do this from a Go To URL action but as yet have not found it.
I will run this past the developers in our next meeting.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
donelson

The closest I have gotten is going to a page, then having Javascript onLoad on that page to open a new page with no toolbar etc. Kind of messy