problems with relative paths

Q&A about the latest versions
rtomada

Hello community,

when outputting ObjectVRs the XML contains an absolute path to the image folder (imagepath="/Users/rtomada/Desktop/040313_BKW_Spin/images"). When I change that path to a relative path like (imagepath="/images") the images aren't found any longer. This is driving me nuts as it worked until I updated to the current version (maybe I'm wrong). How can I define a relative path within the XML?

Kind regards

Raoul
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Raoul,
In the Settings Tab what is the path for the Image Output Path and Skin Image Output Path?
This is what will aper in the XML.

However I thought this a little odd so tried changing the paths in the Settings tab, exporting the project then move the images folder in the same folder as the XML.
Changing the path in the XML to "images" then worked ok?

Can you upload your o2vr project file.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
rtomada

I've exported another version in the meantime setting the output path to another location on my hd than my desktop. Now it works. Very odd.
Anyway - thanks for the help.

Kind regards
Raoul
PhotoSpherix

It is the "/" that tells the server that it is a folder just below the domain!

www.xyz.com/360/myfile.html with a link to "/images/mypic.jpg" would not be in "site/360/images/" but instead it would be "site/images/". If you make it just "images/mypic.jpg" it would be "site/360/images"

Hope this helps.

(imagepath="images")
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography