Area HotSpots Relationship With Skins Not Clear

Q&A about the latest versions
rjdesignonline

How can you accurately place a hotspot template in a Skin when you can't see the image in the Skin editor — I do not understand the relationship of creating a Area Hotspot and how to trigger it from the skin?

My objective is to create a cued hotspot in a frame for user to click, where a popup image overlays the background. Advancing to the next frame goes back to original State.

Please, no reference to existing guides/tuts/tips that I've viewed repeatedly — they are not clear to me.

Thank-you for the explanation.

Regards -R-
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Object2VR does not use the Hotspot Templates. They are for Point Hotspots which Object2VR does not support as yet.
Not quite sure what you mean, are you thinking of using view stares to display different images? "Advancing to the next frame goes back to original State."
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
rjdesignonline

Hello Hopki: My objective is to create an Ob2VR similar to the car example on the website where certain images popup on mouse-over, then return to car, sometimes some text displays while advancing frames but I want visual cues for the viewer not just stumbling into features. Better explained?

I dug and found your Lawrence folder with several popup skins, you can use/apply more than one skin to a assest????

Thank-you for the assist.

Regards, -R-
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Why not add/draw in the visible hotspots to the images? then use area hotspots to make them active?
You can add the set with drawn in hotspots as a view state, then you can switch between the image sets, with and without visible hotspots.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
rjdesignonline

Ok, I've got 5 Area Hotspots on 1 frame of State 0 Col 4. The related State I wish to trigger with those hotspots is the image in State 1 Col 4. How/where do I switch between the viewstates - isn't that in Skins? There's the relationship portion that I'm missing.

ThankYou Hopki, -R-
PhotoSpherix

I can not tell you if it is correct or not, but the easiest way that I have found to have an action on a hotspot is as follows.

1. create the hotspot.
2. find the hotspot proxy id
3. go into the skin editor and make a button that does what you want
4. set the proxy id of the button to the same as the hotspot
5. hide the button.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
PS is spot on, but I would use a container and move off stage.
Only because containers have no substance and adds very little to the file size.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
rjdesignonline

Have a early working version but needs some problems solved...

1. create the hotspot. (State0 image hotspot drawn in PS (the target image is corresponding State1)
2. find the hotspot proxy id (ok but... to function it can also be accidentally triggered from a non proxy location and screw thing-up, HOW FIX THIS?)
3. go into the skin editor and make a button that does what you want (again, although invisible it can be accidentally triggered, FIX?)
4. set the proxy id of the button to the same as the hotspot (check)
5. hide the button.[/quote] (what "Souce" and Action modifiers?... using mouse click - changing viewstates works but again, can't protect from the accidental triggering???

Also... in Act/Mod why does Source "mouse click" "Change Viewstate" 0 works,
Source "mouse click" "Change Viewstate" 1 does not

With you guys' help I'm close, sorry to belabor the issue. I'll post a .index link if necessary

Thank-you Guys. -R-
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Make sure you select the correct state and image in the area hotspot editor.
Move the button off stage so it can not be accidentally triggered.
The change view state buttons, I have not had any reports of this not working and testing here works fine with Flash and HTML5.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
rjdesignonline

Hopki: How do you move the button offstage when it needs to be positioned where the drawn hotspot is located as a visual queue for the user?

http://rjdesignonline.com/_VR/Lollar_Te ... eleVR.html

see frame 4 (clockwise), State 0 drawn red circle, queue for user
PhotoSpherix

The button is in the skin just so that you can apply an action. You should not be putting it where you want the hotspot.
The deficiency is in the fact that you can not put an action on the hotspot. I understand this from the interface side. Drives me crazy, BUT I understand it from the programming side as well. I do understand why it works the way that it does.

Take a look at the following link. We put the "droplets" on the rotatin. Then we added hotspots in the hotspot editor. We used their proxy id to connect the hotpost to buttons that do the deal on the "pop-up windows.
All of the buttons are lined up at the bottom of the screen for testing. Then once we are done, we make them all invisible.

http://zoom.photospherix.com/aqua/genII/genII.html
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
Hopki
Gnome

Hummm, I see what you are doing.

You could add a close graphic to the image and make an area hotspot to link to a container to switch back to state 0.
I would also look at also changing the Viewer mode when going to state 1 so you can not rotate the image.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
dan329

I have a 360 degree Object VR, created in version 3, I have a set hot spot created by using the poly tool. I can get the hot spot to show up text when the cursor is moved over them. so I know the hot spots are correctly set up.

I want to make it possible to embed a picture in one of the hot spots, where when you click upon it, another image shows up as a pop up window. Similar to the example posted here by PhotoSpeherix of the water softner with the water droplets. I've tried to follow along but I'm missing some major steps as I'm having trouble following the instructions.
PhotoSpherix wrote:I can not tell you if it is correct or not, but the easiest way that I have found to have an action on a hotspot is as follows.

1. create the hotspot. That I've done
2. find the hotspot proxy id Is the hotspot proxy id just the name or does it need to include the < > brackets around the name?
3. go into the skin editor and make a button that does what you want I've created a new button and I want this new button to show different image when clicked upon, but do I put that "new" image into my skin, or does it go somewhere else? If I put that image into my skin, how do I make it only visable when I click the mouse on the button or it's proxy hotspot? Rather than just being visible the whole time which I don't want
4. set the proxy id of the button to the same as the hotspot Any attempt at setting a proxy id causes the rest of the buttons in the skin to disappear, and I can't seem to get the buttons to link to the proxy id, no matter whether I use the <> or not...
5. hide the button.
For someone with no HTML experience, this is a bit confusing and frustrating, so please forgive me slowness here, I'm learning as fast as I can.... Any help is most appreciated!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Open the skin editor and place your popup image in the skin anchoring it centre. Deselect visible and give it a Hotspot Proxy ID of say pop_01.
Now add the action to the popup image, mouse click toggle visibility self.

In the hotspot editor add your poly or point hotspot, give it the ID, pop_01.
Close and publish your project.

Now when you click the hotspot the ID pop_01 with is linked to the image because you entered pop_01 in the images Hotspot Proxy ID will execute the popup images action which is to toggle visibility.
As its a toggle, clicking the popup image again will hide it.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com