Multi-row object movies

Q&A about the latest versions
PanoMapper

I am looking for something that is relatively portable and easy to use that will allow me to swing the camera through an arc.

I wonder if this is suitable for the purpose: http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/2-section-do ... attachment

Any advice is gratefully received.

Jon
360Texas

it appears that it holds stationary your camera while tilted down at an object on a rotating turn table.

I would think the camera should be set up outside the rotating turning table and the object should be rotating.. so as to keep the object center point in the center of the camera lens. If you need more views of the object... maybe by tilting, rolling over the object [still keeping the object centered in the lens] would be better.

Take the SHOE object.
Take a 36 image series around the horizon will capture the object side, front, back and both end views.
Change the object angle to acquire different tilt angles with more 36 image series.

Its the object that changes angles... camera remains in only 1 position.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
PanoMapper

Yes, I don't think I phrased that quite the way I meant.

I need to find a solution to shoot a second and third row around at differing pitches to capture a vertical 90-degree set of images. However, I don't think that solution will work unless the joint is in line with the turntable. The arm is quite short and needs to be offset also, which is not going to happen with that one.

Jon
PhotoSpherix

If you are looking for a boom for multi-row objects, the first question is what size of objects are you planning on shooting?
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
PanoMapper

Well, that is moot, but I cannot envisage that I shall be photographing anything that is larger than 15 inches in height or width.

Jon
PhotoSpherix

Where the question comes in is the definition of portable for a 16ft arc is different than a 36in arc.
At the same time, you can not shoot 18in objects with a 16ft arc.

Try this, http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/issue66/collmann/ I do not know if he went into production. But it might get your thoughts going. Or multi-row rig for 36in and under takes up a room that is 14ft by 14ft.
I do not call it portable.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
PanoMapper

Thanks for that. I think it is a little on the large size and probably, if commercially available, a little too big to export.

Perhaps a home-made solution is required . . .

Jon