First 360° turn, some tricky question

Q&A about the latest versions
Trudi

Hi,

I've completed my first shots but I have a problem. I am happy with the "turning speed" but if I activate
the "zoom in" function the speed is quite choppy?

I played around with some parameters such es frame rate, but without success.
Who can help?

Thanks
Attachments
ape.swf
(454.39 KiB) Downloaded 7261 times
360Texas

Hi Trudi Welcome to the Forum

Would suggest lowering your auto rotation speed down to about .1 It autorotates quite fast.

Your uploaded attachment seems to have disabled your zoom in/out functions. Do you have it posted to your website ??
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Trudi

and here with zoom in (same paramerters as above)... now you can see the different.
Why is it so choppy and how can I make it better/smoother?

Thanks.
Attachments
Affen_out.swf
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 7259 times
Last edited by Trudi on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trudi

hä? here its quite fast... as I wanted but on my desktop file its coppy. Now, I am really confused :?:
Hopki
Gnome

You would not be using a Mac?
Standalone player on Macs are not good, try publishing it out with an html page and viewing it in there.
Thats of course if it it a Mac you are using.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Trudi

I am using Windows 7 and Flash Player 10 for viewing it.

Buy yes, If I am publishing a file on html (as you can see here in this forum) it seems to work fine.
Only with my Flash Player its choppy when I add the zoom function, but I don't know why?

However respect to the developer of object2VR... I tested quite a lot software solutions currently on the market.
Its not only (maybe) one of the best, its also sooooo favorable. Other solutions are much more expensive :roll:
Last edited by Trudi on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Then you got me, Windows seem to work fine for me, but the Apple player is a bit poor, humm, Apple and Adobe.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
360Texas

If you have a website.. please provide your URL so we can see how your object performs using different browsers.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Trudi

360Texas wrote:If you have a website.. please provide your URL so we can see how your object performs using different browsers.
At the moment I have no website.

There is also some other issue. The object is not excactly in the middle or the turntable/camera is not in level?!
Cause if I zoom in each eye from the ape have not the same distance to the border of the window frame.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.
360Texas

Centering object on turntable.

We drew several lines through the center of the Lazy Susan turn table. We drilled a center point hole in the turn table. To position the NNR1 Pan head we used a 3/8" screw to fasten it to the turn table. This ensured that our object was in deed in the center of the table.

Centering the camera on the object on the turn table.

Our Canon Cameras have a multi dot frensel. One of those dots is the center point. You probably noticed that our camera is portrait positioned on a table side tripod. Looking through the view finder [or live view lcd] place the center dot mark on the center of the object. This will require you to rotate the object table from the 0 mark to marks 90, 180, 270 positions. During this rotation.. visually move the object left or right to assure center postioning.

The turn table should be on solid surface.. like a table top. Your camera elevation should be at a height sufficient to view all of the object points of interest. I liked to be able to view inside the sugar bowl, see the spoon while still seeing the bowl outside decoration.

My turn table is still sitting on 2 books to get the needed height. I had 1 front light positioned just under the lens. So the lens had to view over the top of the light (shaded to prevent back light through the lens) and still be at the turn table elevation with out tilting down to the object.

Did I mention that I actually shot and fully processed the object series about 4 times before getting the height and lighting to my satisfaction. Object modeling is very labor intensive for just a 1 time event. Once setup and the work flow adjusted .. it only take us about 2 hours to fully process an object model through to a web page product.

Long time ago, someone asked me how to take an object VR of a tennis shoe. TOP and Bottom.
Answer was : 36 images and 2 rows

Row 1 was of the tennis shoe from the top.
Row 2 was of the tennis shoe turned upside down [bottom]

Who would have guessed?
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
PhotoSpherix

I tried your shoot the top and the bottom, but it didn't work. I forgot and left the thing open on one direction.

The only thing I can say it the precision is never the issue, just repeatability.
Attachments
twostatesample_out.swf
Two State Setting
(4.8 MiB) Downloaded 7189 times
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
Hopki
Gnome

I like this a lot, very cool.
:D
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
360Texas

That works !! Great presentation.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com