How to make skin item react to hotspot?

Q&A about the latest versions
geo

(This is partially detailed in previous post, but that was more a report about weirdness in the program, so I thought I'd pull this out in to its own question.)

Can someone point me in the direction of how to get an image to appear/disappear on mouse over/out of hotspot?
(The tutorials seem to all deal with Point Hot Spots, which Object2VR doesn't seem to have.)

I only want this to happen on column 1, so it has to be an Area Hotspot, not an area defined in the Skin Stage.

I tried setting the object's hotspot proxy to that of the hotspot's ID, but I don't know if that is correct. (Or maybe my actions are malformed?)

Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Geo
This is not that difficult once you get your head around it.

In the area hotspot editor define an area, if it’s the first then its ID is 1.

In the skin place your image in the window. Set it to not visible, then give it the actions mouse enter show self, mouse leave hide self.
Then set the hotspot proxy to 1.
That will work, when you mouse enters the area hotspot the image will appear, of course if the image covers the area hotspot that should not matter as now your mouse will be in the image. Mouse off the image and it will hide.
All the best
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
geo

Thanks for the quick reply.

I could have *SWORN* that was what I was doing.
(Except I was changing the alpha instead of hiding it.)

=======================
UPDATE: SOLVED

Was using "mouse over" when I should have been using "mouse Enter"
Hopki
Gnome

All good, happy building.
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/