Clarification needed in wiki -- Hotspot Template

Q&A about the latest versions
geo

I just wasted a large amount of time trying to figure out if I was dealing with a bug in the program or something I just wasn't implementing properly, until I realized that it isn't even supported in Object2VR.

I realize that Object is the red-headed step child from Pano, and only gets the left-over table scraps (Most of the documentation/tutorials is geared to Pano2VR) leaving those of us that don't use or have Pano to guess our way around.

In the Wiki for Object2VR, it lists the "Add Hotspot Template" with the info "Use this button to add a hotspot template."

Now, correct me if I am wrong on either of these two points, but it seems that A) Hotspot Templates ONLY pertain to Point Hotspots, and B) Point hotspots ARE NOT supported in ObjectVR.

Why is this not made clear in the documentation? This is a useless function in Object2VR. (Again, correct me if I'm wrong here.)

Not having Pano, the distinction is pretty much lost between an area and point hotspot to someone new to the program, and tutorials are of no help as the *1* for Object doesn't make this distinction, and Point Hotspots only being supported seems to have been a throw-away statement, mentioned only in passing in the Pano Tutorial.
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi geo,

You're right, there is no Hotspot template for Object2VR because it does not use point hotspots as in Pano2VR. (A link to the wiki article you are referring to would of been of some help here.)

In the document, Object2VR - Skin Editor, it does list the Add Template button. I have updated the page to reflect that this button is only used by Pano2VR. (Because Pano2VR and Object2VR share the same skin editor, they also share the same Skin Editor user interface help page.)

I'm sorry you spent a lot of time trying to figure out this non-feature of Object2VR. However, there are other articles that outline the hotspot building process (with no mention of hotspot templates): Thanks for pointing this out!