Preloader hangs "Loading ... INFINITY%"

Q&A about the latest versions
Castertroy

I've got a problem when I browse to one of my SWFS created by Object2VR.
When I try to load a SWF it hangs on the preload process. "Loading ... INFINITY%".

On the internet I found a couple of related problems. It has something to do with the module mod_deflate of Apache 2. (it's enabled at my webhostingcompany) Is there someone else with the same problem or had the same problem and can it be bypassed with Object2VR?

Thnx in advance!
thomas
Chief Gnome

I guess the problem is that Apache doesn't tell the final file size, or even reports "0" so Object2VR doesn't know when loading is finished. I will look into this problem. Maybe I can make a work around.
MfG, Thomas
Castertroy

thomas wrote:I guess the problem is that Apache doesn't tell the final file size, or even reports "0" so Object2VR doesn't know when loading is finished. I will look into this problem. Maybe I can make a work around.

Hello Thomas, Thanx for your reply.

I fixed this annoying problem!!!

It has something to do with the Apache module "mod_deflate" / mod_gzip.
Apache tries to compress the SWF. Because of this, the preloader cannot define the right filesize ... resulting in the INFINITY ERROR.

Workaround.

1.) Add the following lines to your .htaccess file on your webserver.

<files FILENAME1.swf>
SetEnv no-gzip
</files>

<files FILENAME2.swf>
SetEnv no-gzip
</files>

SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.avi$ no-gzip dont-vary
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.mov$ no-gzip dont-vary
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.mp3$ no-gzip dont-vary
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.mp4$ no-gzip dont-vary
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.rm$ no-gzip dont-vary
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.swf$ no-gzip dont-vary
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \.flv$ no-gzip dont-vary

Will I now get my Free upgrade from Single user license to Company license? :)

I'm afraid not ... 8)

Cheers!
abo

Hi,

Thanks for the tips about the .htaccess file...it's solved my bug with IE...no more "loading infinity" window over my flash !!

Thanks for helping !
psilverwood

I have the same problem with O2VR - I get the message "Loading ... INFINITY%" - BUT, I am not using a server of ANY kind! I am just embedding the swf file in an Adobe Acrobat file and viewing it on the same PC. (Acrobat version 9) The message consistently displays whenever a swf file is embedded. HELP please. Many thanks. Super product, but this one should be sorted!