how can i hide the turntable?

Q&A about the latest versions
vrdrive

i m fairly new to the object vr and would like to develop my skill and capture object vr for my line of product for my online business. i can see almost all the object vr images from other websites, the turntable will be invisible in the images. i would like to know how can they do that? how do they hide the turntable in the pictures? do they really zoom very close to the object till the camera can't capture the edge of the turntable? or do i need really need to do alot of post production work and edit all the images in photo editing software before i can stitch the images with pano2vr? if that is the case, it will be huge work for me because there will be at least 10-20 images taken for each object. if i need to take 100 products, there will be 2-3000 images in total?

many thanks
PhotoSpherix

lots and lots of practice or... If it was easy everyone would be doing it! or... Just a little magic dust.

No really, it takes time finding a good way to hide your table and backdrop. It takes a lot of knowledge in the camera you are using, It takes understanding lighting in the studio, it takes a little luck, a lot of Photoshop, and years of wasted experiments. Just a note reflective paint doesn't work - But I can paint road signs now!

I will tell you that I have not found a silver bullet. It is more of a balance. Either you get the perfect shot of the product, and then cut every shot out or you give up a little in the photo.

In no way am I the expert in this, remember many are trying to do the same thing.

The best I can say is when the client ships you a white bed and wants it on a white background... RUN!!!
It is still a little hot, but it was done in camera and not post production. WHITE on WHITE
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
PhotoSpherix

Forgot one. If I told you that I would have to kill you.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
digimg02

Use a white cover for the turntable and a white backdrop and you can blow most everything out. We have two strobes on our backdrop and two on the turntable and that works great for us. If the turntable edges disappear when you fill the frame with the object it's helpful, but not necessary. For a while we used a large piece of our paper backdrop over the turntable to keep the edges out of frame.

As for post-production, I do everything I can with lighting and setup to keep it to a minimum and then automate whats left with actions and batches in Photoshop.

Like Photospherix said, you have to experiment.

I know this is vague, ask me more questions :D