How can i make point or image hotspots?

Q&A about the latest versions
bennyblue

Hi guys,

i have a simple question. How can i make hotspots which shows a red cross or anything else like "Point-Hotspots" @ Pano2VR :?: The only what i can do in Object2VR 2.0 is to draw circle or rectangles. Nobody can see them at the end. Only if you hoover over the complete picture there is a small information or a link.

How is it possible to show a "hotspot red cross" or a "hotspot image" over the picture. And if somebody clicks on it a popup windows opens :?: :?: :?:

Is there a tutorial or anything else :?: :?: :?:

Thanks 4 help
bennyblue
Last edited by bennyblue on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
k.ary.n
Gnome

Hi bennyblue,

Currently, you can only create area hotspots in Object2VR which only indicate an area of interactivity. The shapes are not visible by the end user.
bennyblue

That´s can not be true :oops: and it´s absolutely bad. At Pano2VR it´s possible, at Object2VR not, why :?:

How should a user see where a hotspot is :?: It´s the most important thing for a virtual software is, that the user see what he can do and where he can click on :!:

There are so many users who need this option and i give you a bid to program a solution asap.

Thanks
BennyBlue
k.ary.n
Gnome

Perhaps I was a bit short with my answer. Whilst you cannot add point hotspots, you can use multiple view states and use the skin editor to make the area hotspots more visible. See this example: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/object2v ... o=showcase
bennyblue

Thanks k.ary.n for your feedback, but in your example i can´t see that the hotspots are more visible than others :roll:

Why could you not add the point hotspot code from Pano2VR to implement it in Objekt2VR :?:

Your example is perfect, but now i want to show images on the hotspots 8)

Where can i download the Skin of your example :?:
thomas
Chief Gnome

Currently you can not use point hotspots because you would need to define each point hotspot for each image which is very different from Pano2VR. I will add this at some point, but it is not a simple "copy&paste" for the code...

You can download the project files for the example from http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/ ... owcase.zip
MfG, Thomas