startup

Q&A about the latest versions
michael crane

hello,
is there a way to show something like the panoramas at the first loading of the object movie. eg a monotone low resolution image or failing that how can you add some text saying " loading please wait" thanks.

mick
michael crane

Ok, now it does it. I do not know what happened before.
michael crane

Well I posted too soon. It seems that the object movies preview/ does not work in a floatbox.
a vrpanorama preview works in a floatbox but not an object movie. Any idea how to fix that ?
http://www.panagito.com
the shoe, the preview of which works locally not in a floatbox
regards

mick
smooth

I see Grayscale preview no problem?

Regards, Smooth 8)
michael crane

hi,
did you try the post called html shoe ? did you see preview then ?
It seems that the preview is there if loading the .swf in the floatbox directly but not if loading the html when I cannot see the preview.

cheers

mick
smooth

No it does not show via the HTML version.

Regards, Smooth 8)
michael crane

it's very annoying, It works fine on my local server. I had not noticed that it loads ok locally because it loads too fast to see the preview. I made a test locally with a big file size object movie and it shows the preview and the loading dialogue in a floatbox from the html. then if I upload it to the ISP the preview does not show.
I've had permission problems or something with the wordpress install at the ISP so it must be something to do with that but why it should affect the preview I do not know. Will move it somewhere else to check.
cheers
mick