Bug list: Object2VR beta 3

Q&A about the latest versions
thomas
Chief Gnome

Please add your bugs you found in Object2VR 2.0 beta3 to this topic.
MfG, Thomas
PhotoSpherix

On a MAC, If you make a Object VR and you do not safe the project. Then try to make hotspots, you end up with black slides in the final project. I have replicated the issue, but I do not recall if it happens when you do not add hotspots. additionally, it puts some of the hotspot pngs on the desktop.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
jobes

great to see the new beta published … thanks

I've noticed a couple issues with beta3 so far …

the default filepath for output files still seems to be the applications folder (I guess Object2VR tries to set that path based on the local of the application bundle itself). Would it be possible to have this path automatically take its cue from the location of the saved project file (.o2vr) instead? This would be more like the behaviour of p2vr, and would save manually setting this path for each file.
(edit) on reopening the app the behaviour has changed and I can't replicate this issue, even with a new project. however i had previously manually set the file path location and i'm still working in this same job folder. does o2vr remember the last set filepath location by default?

even though i've disabled 'create after setting parameters' checkbox in the prefs, everytime i change a parameter and close the dialogue box, new outputs are created.

a welcome bug fix is being able to save the o2vr file, and then be able to reopen it again at a later stage. good to be able to go back to a previously saved file and tweak output parameters, rather than start from scratch :)
(edit) when I reopen the o2vr, the light table doesn't display the input shots properly … every other image (in a 9 col / 18 row setup) doesn't display, as if there is no source file.
Last edited by jobes on Fri May 29, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jobes

another point: when you manually set the filepath for the html file to accompany a quicktime output, the filename defaults to a file extension of .mov, not .html

the same seems to apply when outputting a flash file. in p2vr i normally use the parameter '$n" but the suffix seems to be automatically correct
Stefan_tf

when using autorotation in option "Auto play" (with flv-output), the rotation only starts automatically if the rate is under 10,00. I would like to use more than this rate, is there a hint to make it faster with autorun ?

regards
Stefan
Kvisual

On WIN XP x64 Edition the output files get corrupt - about half of the frames stay black.

Didn't expierience that problem on beta2...
ekam

I have added an Object2vr output swf file with width=430 and height=400 to my current swf movie with width=1275 and height=800. I used the method here http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pano2VR_-_Flash_API under the section "Actionscript 3.0 For Pano2VR <= 2.1". The problem I am having is that the width and the height of my Object2vr swf changes. When the Loader class calls the Event.INIT function on my Object2vr movie, the ObjectPlayer (=loader.content) has a height of 86 and a width of 319.5. The VrObject (=loader.content.obj) has a height of 0, a width of 0, a windowHeight of 400 and a windowWidth of 430. Then the movie runs and I get this from the output window "uhh... init stage root child!". After those events the ObjectPlayer has a height of 753 and a width of 852.5. And the VrObject has a height of 579, a width of 852.5, a windowHeight of 758, and a windowWidth of 1275. The actual picture that you spin around looks like it has the correct dimensions. But since the dimensions of the windows height and width are so much bigger, if I want to put the movie at x,y it ends up at somewhere like x + 300 and y + 200.

If I change the width of the movie that is loading the object2vr movie from 1275, to 1050, the windowWidth of the VrObject also changes from 1275 to 1050.

Also, is there an api in the works?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Thomas
Getting a problem with the download/preview loading image in Object2VR.

The below is set for Gray Scale, however when it loads you get large pictures in colour of each picture that makes up the object, until it is loaded. Then it’s the right size?

Link

Kind regards
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
smooth

I don't think you should have your Flash movie set to 100% W 100% H but rather the "exact" size of the movie as designed.
I feel if the movie is say 800pixels x 600pixels (or whatever) and the HTML respected this - then your size issue on load wouldn't exist.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Smooth
The movie is the size it should be. 350 x 641. I just made the bg colour of flash player the same as the html page, so all looks white. Try to spin the object from one of the sides, it won’t work. :wink:

The skin however does fill the screen as I have anchored the elements to the sides.
I have just outputted the file with beta 3 and all works as should. :D
Interesting to note that it also lost weight :?: , the file was 1.33 MB, after outputting in beta 3, the file is now 673 kB :?:

I reinstalled beta 4 and then re-outputted, and bingo, back to 1.33MB :!:

Beta 4 has quite a lot of fat in it somewhere.

Over to you Thomas :lol:
Recap: Preview track and file size.
Just noticed, the auto rotate speed is ver different between beta 3 and 4 too.

Hopki :D
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
smooth

This doesn't change the fact that you are telling the movie to be 100% W and 100% H of the monitor screen resolution and this doesn't respect the "actual" size of the movie.
Thus, on load you get disproportionate image sizes until loaded. Prove the theory by limiting the flash movie to actual size.

This was your complaint was it not?
It's not a fault of the program it's a fault of your coding the way I see it.

Really seeing your object movie maximising the 16:9 aspect ratio of my 42" screen is not great.
Anyway, you do as you please. I'm just pointing out the reason why you have the problem with loading.

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

What I'm saying is that the preview track is the size of the .swf movie shown. If you force it to be 100% of the available screen resolution and the screen resolution is larger than what your image is the preview will be stretched to fill the display.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Smooth

Not wanting to start an argument, but…..
smooth wrote:This doesn't change the fact that you are telling the movie to be 100% W and 100% H of the monitor screen resolution and this doesn't respect the "actual" size of the movie.
Thus, on load you get disproportionate image sizes until loaded. Prove the theory by limiting the flash movie to actual size.
Done that, still the same but in a smaller window.
smooth wrote:This was your complaint was it not?
It's not a fault of the program it's a fault of your coding the way I see it.
It all got better when I reinstalled beta 3, then went back to large pics in beta 4.
smooth wrote:Really seeing your object movie maximising the 16:9 aspect ratio of my 42" screen is not great.
Anyway, you do as you please. I'm just pointing out the reason why you have the problem with loading.
Thanks for your input, bad day?

Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
smooth

Hopki wrote: Thanks for your input, bad day?
Always!

OK, so if there is a difference between Beta 3 and Beta 4 and the way it performs then fair enough. It's something for Thomas to look into.
Still, I personally don't agree with your method of display. I would much prefer to have the movie constrained to it's correct dimensions, let the HTML look after the extra space.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

smooth wrote:I would much prefer to have the movie constrained to it's correct dimensions, let the HTML look after the extra space.
You know, I'm with you on that.

From my website I open objects in chrome less windows, the size of the objects. Unfortunately can’t do that when opening from the forum.

Any way, as I said thanks for the input, all good.

Regards
Last edited by Hopki on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com